LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ft. Drum is ghey
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search but i couldn't find the weight for the stock rim. I found the weight was 56-57 lbs for the rim and tire but does anybody know the weight for just the rim?

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I tried to figure this out myself, no such luck yet.

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
You could e-mail BFG and ask for the weight of the tire and subtract.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I hope its not that heavy... my OEM 17 x 8.5 Impala SS wheels w/ 275-40-17 Nitto 555 RII Road Race tires are 50 lbs even. And that is with air in them!!!

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Race tires tend to weigh less than a street tire though. I'm going to take a wild guess and say about 28lbs each, if not more. The tires shouldnt be more than 25lbs or so on their own.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
I just talked to my BFG rep and the OEM g-Force (#288-136) weighs 27.6lbs.

·
2,637 Posts
no coness said:
I hope its not that heavy... my OEM 17 x 8.5 Impala SS wheels w/ 275-40-17 Nitto 555 RII Road Race tires are 50 lbs even. And that is with air in them!!!
Whew! I bet that air really makes them heavy! :wall: JK!

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I should find out by Friday. Taking off my stock tires to put on my new front rims. I'll weigh and post when I can.

Padre

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
They should be about 50lbs. My 17's (SS Style) on the Camaro are 48lbs I believe.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
So has anyone weighed a stock GTO wheel WITHOUT the tire yet to get a true baseline to compare from?

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
CSiJason said:
So has anyone weighed a stock GTO wheel WITHOUT the tire yet to get a true baseline to compare from?
Since I am having two wheels replaced, I'll see if I can get this weighed.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
That'd be cool.

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Installing a set of Falken Azenis Friday, I'll weigh the stock setup, both together and separately, and post the results then. I can guarantee that the stock rim and tire do not weigh over 50#s, I had them off today doing the brake upgrade and they were not too heavy.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
2Cool said:
Installing a set of Falken Azenis Friday, I'll weigh the stock setup, both together and separately, and post the results then. I can guarantee that the stock rim and tire do not weigh over 50#s, I had them off today doing the brake upgrade and they were not too heavy.
Actually, they weigh 52 pounds (according to me holding them while on my bathroom scale). I'll have mine off tomorrow too so I'll weigh them and post.

My new ones will hopefully be under 45 pounds. :)

Padre

·
Registered
250 Posts
So how about people posting their aftermarket wheel weights?

·
2,637 Posts
PadreGTO said:
26 pounds even.

Padre
Is that stock wheel weight, or a response to the post right before that?

So the stock wheels weigh 26lbs?

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Wow, 26lbs is kinda on the heavy side for 17" wheel. At one point I had 17's on my Honda that were 15lbs each and my drag wheels were 6lbs each! (Seriously!)

I'm personaly looking into a set of "custom" Boyds Billet Forged line wheels. I expect those to be under 20lbs each and at least as strong as stock or better.

·
2,637 Posts
CSiJason said:
Wow, 26lbs is kinda on the heavy side for 17" wheel. At one point I had 17's on my Honda that were 15lbs each and my drag wheels were 6lbs each! (Seriously!)

I'm personaly looking into a set of "custom" Boyds Billet Forged line wheels. I expect those to be under 20lbs each and at least as strong as stock or better.
Most factory wheels are cheaply LP Cast, not forged like the more expensive aftermarket wheels, which makes them heavier. I was actually surprised at 26lbs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts