1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just downloaded one from the HPTuners site. I think you have to have a licensed dongle to get into the tune repository. Give me an e-mail and I will send you the one I downloaded. No guarantees that it's correct, of course. You have to be careful with stuff you download from the Internet, or so I hear... :)

Plus, it will only work using the HPTuners software.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Just read your other thread.

Your issue is definitely the SD tune as those readiness monitors will never set. You got away with it in years past probably because they never checked for those, but they were most certainly not completing.

There’s a temporary workaround you can do if you have HP Tuners, but it’s only temporary to get you thru inspection/emissions.

Also, do you still have a MAF installed and wired up in the car? A stock tune won’t do you any good if the MAF is no longer in the car.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not that I’m trying to be cheap here, but I’m nowhere near utilizing HPTuners. Sounds like I would need to invest $500 to just to use them for what I’m trying to do, correct? I really don’t know.. this wasn’t something I was wanting to get into for this car.

The MAF is wired up.

This may sound really dumb, but is it possible to give the smog guy a stock tune via email or flash drive..? And he can use it that way to get me through this, instead of screwing around with my car at all.. Please forgive my utter ignorance on this :confused::confused:

·
one life to live...
416 Posts
go find some tuners in your area, call them & ask them if they would flash you the stock tune/
they probably don't charge a fortune for that/

giving the tune to the smog guy will not work....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts