LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've had handheld tuners and have one now and I've pretty much used it just for adjusting stuff like the skip shift, erasing codes and changing tire and gear sizes.

For power increases, its minimal and what you feel seems more like a placebo effect. Like telling a bunch of college kids the non-alcoholic beer is regular beer and they all get drunk off of it thinking its got alcohol.
Lol exactly. It is useful for the things you mentioned, but not for 20 hp.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I personally would try the 91 and canned 93 octane tunes for a stock GTO if you own a GTO.
It seems to vary. Sometimes the 91 octane tune is WAY better than the Diablosport canned 93 tune!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is only a single, semi-applicable data point, but I was running a Diablosport Trinity t1000 (canned 91 octane CAI tune) on my 6.1 Hemi Magnum until it was destroyed, and the car consistently picked up 2mpg on freeways when it was loaded and lost it when I had it back at stock tune. I haven't tried it with my GTO yet, because I'm literally picking the car up today, but....hey....I've still got the damn thing, might as well give it a go, huh? Was it adding 20hp on my SRT Hemi? Probably not. I never got a chance to A/B the stock tune vs the 93 tune I ran at the track, so I can't tell you what difference it made through the traps.....but the repeatable mileage increase on the 91 tune tells me it was doing something besides acting as a scan gauge for me. Is it the same with an LS? Dunno....this is my first LS. But I know a way to find out...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts