LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
GONE was here FIRST!!!
2,115 Posts
Oh well...took a few yesterday and loaded em on my photobucket. With a CELL PHONE CAMERA at that, lol.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
A whore gets paid. A slut gives it away. A semi-pro demands dinner in advance.
Pretty close to the truth. I make a little money here and there but there is no way in heck that I could support myself with my camera.

·
No i dont know these girls :(
916 Posts
I just got a new NOS setup...ima do a PHOTOSHOOT to show you guys lol...sry just wnated to bust on Mike and Kurt lol...i wont do it again

·
PONTIAC POWER
420 Posts
Allright no more photoshoots for me, For now on when I get PHOTOGENIC I'll just photocopy all my photographs when get finish photofinishing all the photo me being the photographer I'll post a thread and call it, my photocopy's

·
Omertà
5,288 Posts
The funny thing about this thread is that mistermike knew of the shitstorm that it would create.

:eek2:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts

·
Mortgage in hand!
12,129 Posts
Thanks Mike. I've been wanting to say the same thing for the most part for months now. Not so much the "Photoshoot" side of it but the absolute lack of understanding and composition. Cars shot in garages with no correction for the fracking mercury vapor lamps do not good photos make. And don't get me started on the complete lack of understanding when it comes to exposure.
Now this I do agree with. There are a lot of really bad pictures of GTOs on here that I don't understand why anyone would bother to post them. However, I do have a problem with trying to define the term "photoshoot". Sure, we could say only "good" pictures can use the term "photoshoot", but if someone has no eye for what makes a good picture, then they'll think their pictures are good. If we limit it to professionals then we'll miss out on some really good pictures from above-average amateurs who do it as a hobby.

If he had titled the thread "stop posting random crappy pictures of your car!", I'd be all for it! But it sounds like he only has a problem with the use of the term "photoshoot", which is absolutely ridiculous... unless you're one of those "elitist" types who don't think our cars are deserving of the name "GTO" either ;)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
and photography.
63 Posts
Original poster has a pretty good point.

Pretty hard to call a photo session a photo shoot if there are no pro (or semi-pro), photographers around.

I photograph professionally for a magazine, but never post threads about a 'photoshoot'.

·
Skipping 7-12 the first round
306 Posts
The funny thing about this thread is that mistermike knew of the shitstorm that it would create.

:eek2:
It seems to me that every post you comment here on at LS2GTO is in the mist of being a major "shit storm". Therefore, I am gonna have to assume that you are a "professional" "shit storm" "chaser"... ?? :dunno:

You know something "OB", you kinda remind me of a former classmate of mine back in junior high where this kids father was part a the facility and his scrawny ass, know it all son went about spewing his mouth off to all the big kids on a daily bases. (like myself for instance) While he was within the school grounds no less. We would seldom see this kid outside the school grounds, without one of his parents present. Then one day..... "POOF" little bobby just up and disopeared... No one ever seen poor little bobby again... :secret:

Ok, that story was mostly fiction but, hopefully, it got my point across. lol

·
Omertà
5,288 Posts
It seems to me that every post you comment here on at LS2GTO is in the mist of being a major "shit storm". Therefore, I am gonna have to assume that you are a "professional" "shit storm" "chaser"... ?? :dunno:

You know something "OB", you kinda remind me of a former classmate of mine back in junior high where this kids father was part a the facility and his scrawny ass, know it all son went about spewing his mouth off to all the big kids on a daily bases. (like myself for instance) While he was within the school grounds no less. We would seldom see this kid outside the school grounds, without one of his parents present. Then one day..... "POOF" little bobby just up and disopeared... No one ever seen poor little bobby again... :secret:

Ok, that story was mostly fiction but, hopefully, it got my point across. lol
Really? That's a nice story.

I guess you're still butt-hurt over this...

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182742

My initial comment wasn't nearly as critical as some of the others, but I guess a bully still needs someone to pick on to make themselves feel better.

:nuts:

61 - 80 of 112 Posts