LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little tidbit of information I though was interesting. There is a stopwatch you can set and use in the Programming mode. Once activated it is easy to use and you can check your 0-60 or anything else using your built-in stopwatch which goes to the tenth of a second. Its a handy toy.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
How does the stop watch work? Do you have to push a button to start the stop watch OR does the stop watch start automaticly when the speedo moves?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Each time I drive it I am more impressed. The combination of power, handling and comfort are superb. I honestly cannot find anything bad to say about the car. I know people are getting stressed with changes in TPW's but I will say this car is worth the wait. I cannot see a car in its price range that can compete with it overall and I think I test drove every car under 45K over the last 6 months while waiting for the GTO. That was a fun way to pass the time and great for comparision sake.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once you select stopwatch mode you have to press a button to start and stop it. It is on the right of the instrument panel and easily within reach. I have an automatic so using it while accelerating is no problem but I can see where it would be a challenge with an M6.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be auto. Just set the times you want recorded and let the stop watch take care of the rest.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the manual they describe that it was put there for the purpose of telling how long it takes to get from point a to point b, not neccesarily so we can get our 1/4 mile times and 0-60 times. Would be neat if you can program it to work like you were hoping it would.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far I am averaging around 17 MPG but that is only one good day of driving. This included numberous occasions where I started the car and left it idling for several minutes just so various people could listen to and admire the exhaust note. This of course hurts the overall MPG. I think we are going to find the advertised fuel consumption rates were about right or a little on the conservative side.

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Thanks Maghut, I can't wait for my car to get here. It is a twin to yours. I talked to my dealer today and he said the car would be delayed for 12-15 days. It was supposed to be here this week. :slap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts