LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1 of 180
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get the Street II package will the car still lower a bit when I put it in drive? How do people like there street II package? thanks

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Andymon22 said:
If I get the Street II package will the car still lower a bit when I put it in drive? How do people like there street II package? thanks

One of the great things about the Pedders springs is the higher spring rates with stronger controlling shocks and struts. the control is outstanding and not at all reducing ride quality. You can also select different springs to meet your desires..

You do not indicate where you are. I have a Street II sysem with the 3/8 and 1/2 inch drop springs on a new GTO that for GTO customers to evaluate. It is awesome.

the control of squat is significant.

mike
dms

·
1 of 180
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the street II kit do you still have the OEM squat of the rear when you put the car in drive?

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
Andymon22 said:
With the street II kit do you still have the OEM squat of the rear when you put the car in drive?
I dunno that one, but when you mash your foot looking for the redline you will have significantly reduced rear squat.

·
1 of 180
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can any one anwser this.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Andy,

Our Pedders Dealers are a valuable resource. Pick up a phone and talk with any one of them to get the information you need. If you prefer call me. Here is my mobile 616.292.4424.

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
Ok this is something that needs to be explained better. The kit's are only suggestions. you can run any springs with any kit. so you can drop your car with any kit. The street vs track systems are nothingmore than more complete bushing kits. The complete bushing replacment is a good idea. It only changes ride marginally but it really wakes the car up from a handling standpoint. I would suggest calling one of the vendors. I know from personal expereince that DMS has had ALOT of different cars with different options on them.

·
1 of 180
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think people are getting my question. You know how with the stock GTo's that when they are in park they are normal but when you put them in drive the rear end drops alittle for a my agressive stance. I really like that and don't want any aftermarket items taking that away.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Andymon22 said:
I don't think people are getting my question. You know how with the stock GTo's that when they are in park they are normal but when you put them in drive the rear end drops alittle for a my agressive stance. I really like that and don't want any aftermarket items taking that away.
All I can say is that the Pedders Street II package + Hotchkins sway bars I got from DMS completely transformed how the car handles. Night and day. Well worth it.

So, if a better handling car is what you are after, the Street II package will definitely do it. As for stance/squat between park and drive, dunno.

·
06 m6
164 Posts
AlphaEden said:
No one's getting this guy's questions

For the Automatics, when you put the car into Drive the rear end squats down, when you put it in park it pops back up
had a 05 A4 for a short time. the squat comes from weak a** springs.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Andymon22 said:

I guess you ae not a candidate for a upgraded performance suspension. This squat shows tthe loseness in the GTO OEm suspension and is not good becasue it occurss too easily. Our Pedders springs and shocks will significantly reduce squat, thus allowing torque to the wheels and tires better. I hope this answers your question

Mike
dms

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
dms said:
I guess you ae not a candidate for a upgraded performance suspension. This squat shows tthe loseness in the GTO OEm suspension and is not good becasue it occurss too easily. Our Pedders springs and shocks will significantly reduce squat, thus allowing torque to the wheels and tires better. I hope this answers your question

Mike
dms
:rolleyes: looks like he likes the "squat" of the crappy OEM stuff :shiner:

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
No, it will not stop the "squat". The squat is a preload of the suspension so unless you are mounted solid (no springs whatsoever) the car is still going to squat a little when the power is first applied. I'm sure the squat is less with stronger springs but like I said, nothing will completely stop it except for going solid.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
6SPDGTO said:
No, it will not stop the "squat". The squat is a preload of the suspension so unless you are mounted solid (no springs whatsoever) the car is still going to squat a little when the power is first applied. I'm sure the squat is less with stronger springs but like I said, nothing will completely stop it except for going solid.
Agreed, I have the Street II package on my A4, and it doesn't completely eliminate it, however, to quote Mike, "the control of squat is significant"

Andymon22... What you gain from this upgrade will make you completely look at this in different terms, vast improvement over the stock suspension. For me it was like having a completely different car, which was pure sex.

If you are looking for the stance of the squat, get it full time by lowering the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts