LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a video I put together of one of my recent runs in El Paso at the West Texas Airport, the "Dezert Demonz Street Racing in Hell Paso, Texas." This will give you a sense of the sights and sounds of El Paso's street scene. Tons of fun. The Pontiac GTP I ran against was modded, and like almost everyone in El Paso, on nitrous.

Enjoy and tell me what you think.

GTO vs. GTP video, 6mb wmv file
Padre

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Here's a video I put together of one of my recent runs in El Paso at the West Texas Airport, the "Dezert Demonz Street Racing in Hell Paso, Texas." This will give you a sense of the sights and sounds of El Paso's street scene. Tons of fun. The Pontiac GTP I ran against was modded, and like almost everyone in El Paso, on nitrous.

Enjoy and tell me what you think.

GTO vs. GTP video, 6mb wmv file

Padre
Great video Padre :judge:
Looks like the GTP had some Balls though.

I think you need to be promoted from Padre to the Mod God :hail:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Well Padre, If you weren't a man of the cloth, I'd tell you how #@!!* sick your #@!!% GTO is!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
GREAT VID padre. looks like something out of the fast & furious. that GTP was too riced out for my taste. he must have done some pretty major moddin to keep up with you.
what was your final time?

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holeshot said:
Looks like the GTP had some Balls though.
Since this was El Paso, I think the proper word is "cajónes" :) . And indeed, nothing but respect for the GTP - he pulled with me pretty well. I don't know how big a shot of nitrous he was running, but it was impressive. Of course, at this scene in El Paso, everyone has secrets :secret: and tries to hustle others.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTOdriver7 said:
GREAT VID padre. looks like something out of the fast & furious. that GTP was too riced out for my taste. he must have done some pretty major moddin to keep up with you.
No times on Sunday nights. This was pure "heads-up" racing. And it's very F&F except that no one fools around - they're serious about their racing and looks alone don't cut it (though it helps a whole lot).

I only won 11 of the 12 races I ran that night. :cool:

Padre

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Oooooo Crystal Method!

Very very nice video buddy! Way to show them whose boss!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Padre, who was the 1 guy that beat you and what was he driving?

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doc GTO said:
Padre, who was the 1 guy that beat you and what was he driving?
An LT1 Camaro with drag slicks and a 4:10 rear-end. Good race, got a bit of a holeshot on me, but a fair win. Said he had only bolt-ons, but if anyone in El Paso tells you they're not on the bottle and you believe 'em, then ... :drink: :)

Padre

·
Registered
267 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:

GTP didn't very RICE, but I did not pay that much attention to it. Its not very hard to make the SC 3800 motor way fast, just like the old Grand Nationals. The 3800 is strong out of the hole and will keep up or beat ya in the 1/8 or 1/4, past that they are about done though.

I know I have one :) It runs high 12s. with only 290hp at the wheels (and 400lb/ft)

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bclarke said:
GTP didn't very RICE, but I did not pay that much attention to it. Its not very hard to make the SC 3800 motor way fast, just like the old Grand Nationals. The 3800 is strong out of the hole and will keep up or beat ya in the 1/8 or 1/4, past that they are about done though.

I know I have one :) It runs high 12s. with only 290hp at the wheels (and 400lb/ft)
Like I said, nothing but respect for the GTP. He pulled with me till the end. And I wouldn't have called it "rice". In El Paso, the scene definitely favors the F&F crowd, but they're serious about their performance. That's why I miss it so much. :(

Padre

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Like I said, nothing but respect for the GTP. He pulled with me till the end. And I wouldn't have called it "rice". In El Paso, the scene definitely favors the F&F crowd, but they're serious about their performance. That's why I miss it so much. :(

Padre
WAY Cool Padre! Beats the hell out of SNL's Padre, Father Guido Sarducci. We got our own pistol packin' Padre here. I propose Padre for LS1GTO Chaplain... :thumbs:

·
Registered
267 Posts
PadreGTO said:

Padre
I was just trying to point out that not every GP need NOS to put down some serious numbers. Most if not all of the guys/girls in our club and the national gp club do not run any NOS at all , all blower mods.

http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/qtrmile.asp
http://www.migpc.com/The_1_4_Mile/the_1_4_mile.html

I love my GTO so far, thus the GTX is for sale, can't keep modding both.

I curious , is that street drag scene a closed road or airport or something like that or do you just hope the law does not find it ?

Never done any serious stuff on the street just your stop light to stop light stuff once and awhile.

·
Registered
22 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
What do you mean riced out?! All you can see in the vid was the GTPs shiny rims. How do you consider that riced out? Unless you were there in person and saw something we can't in the vid. It's not all that hard to get a GTP to go that fast. With the mods in my sig plus some other supports like autolite 104 spark plugs, 100 octane for the track and a good set of drag radials my car has hit a best of 12.6.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Padre,

Great video. What a cool scene. Basically a street racing scene at a track which is much safer and organized it looks like. Some serious stuff there! Wow!

You are a real inspiration in many ways!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts