LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mile High Air
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got around to tuning the new cam. Pretty good numbers but still can't figure out why the dip at 4100 rpm. Tried increasing/decreasing fuel and timing, no change. I'm very happy with the results. The red line is my best HPE S-cam numbers and the blue line is the Street Sweeper from FTI. Thanks Ed.

Attachments

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Dang, that is some real power right there

Nice going Glenn

·
Mile High Air
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to take it to Dyno Pro (Bear) because Macs is booked solid. When we did the first pull at 449, Bear looked surprised and started asking a lot of questions. His roommate has an 05 GTO but hasn't modded it yet. Bear started checking out our site so maybe he'll join and start posting.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
grfperformance said:
Finally got around to tuning the new cam. Pretty good numbers but still can't figure out why the dip at 4100 rpm.
You did remember to nuke the cat over temp didn't you?

·
"How big could it be?"
480 Posts
DAMN strong graph, Glenn. I can't get over the incrase in midrange torque! That oughta be a blast around town at the very least...

·
Administrator
20,415 Posts
youre not seeing knock retard there are you? can you post a pic of your timing table?

·
Mile High Air
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steel Chicken said:
youre not seeing knock retard there are you? can you post a pic of your timing table?
Well since I had a 10 degree swing in advance (from 19 to 29) and ended up with the exact same curve, I don't see any relationship. I ran the AFR rich, mid 12s up to mid 13s, no difference. And, I didn't have KR until I swung it up above 28.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
grfperformance said:
That was about 20K miles ago.
I suspected you probably knocked it out. I'm pretty good for forgetting shit like that in the heat of the moment. Like the time I launched at the track with the T/C on. LOL I'm wondering if that dip is just characteristic of the intake manifold? I haven't used a FAST, so it's just a guess.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,416 Posts
Awesome, Glenn. Incredible numbers.

·
Murphy the RMGTO Mod Dog
3,498 Posts
Damn, sounded like I just missed you. I was there at 5:00, they were asking me if I knew who you were. Nice numbers. Bear was really nice, and answered any newbie question I threw at him.

I don't have the sheet infront of me, but I hit 327 HP and I think 315 Torque. He said it was running pretty rich, I forget the AFR atm. I can't seem to load up the DynoJet thing here at work so I can make a graph to post. I'll upload the file Bear emailed to me though and try to get the print out he gave me scanned in here in a little bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts