LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know where I can get a few strut bolt/nut caps ? These are for dress up and are polished or chrome. I've lost a couple and would like replacements. They are held on with orings for anyone who's been a member for awhile and remembers.

Reactions: badbar51501

·
LS9 FTW
243 Posts

For the strut cap, or for the (2) bolts that secure the strut tower brace?

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the bolts, I have the caps.

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any recollection of the vendor ?

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
Were they made by ARP?

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, one of the billet companies.

·
Registered
300 Posts
There are any number of hardware vendors out there that can supply you with anything you can think of including plated even black chrome. A word of caution; most acorns are not deep enough to torque properly w/o grinding the studs a bit and most caped nuts like that tend to be a little soft. Therefore I use grade 8 flange nuts to do the work and file them down so the 2 will clock, doesn't look like a nut on a nut. The only thing I've really had to hunt for was nuts with the same width across the flats.

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your reply. These go over the bolt / nut and are held on with orings.I have an Hendricks Engineering aftermarket strut brace so there's eight bolt/nuts not four.

·
Administrator
8,260 Posts
You mean strut tower brace caps.

Those haven’t been produced in nearly a decade (Billet Prototypes and Billet Technologies). Best bet now is to post a WTB post in the numerous Facebook groups to see if anyone has some they’d be willing to sell.

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You mean strut tower brace caps.

Those haven’t been produced in nearly a decade (Billet Prototypes and Billet Technologies). Best bet now is to post a WTB post in the numerous Facebook groups to see if anyone has some they’d be willing to sell.
Yes those, I figured they would be nonexistent but though I'd give it a shot. Thanks

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks but I already have the covers.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Use to be made by Jamesbiz. Is mavman making them now?

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I could get ahold of Jamesbiz, maybe he might have some left over. I think Maverickman just has the covers.

·
Administrator
8,260 Posts
James sold all of his remaining inventory to someone a long time ago and that person slowly sold the remaining parts off.

·
Eva, my new love
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
James sold all of his remaining inventory to someone a long time ago and that person slowly sold the remaining parts off.
Okay thanks, huge bummer though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts