LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Pedders GSR's put on Tuesday by a very reputable shop and Friday I had Pontiac replace stablilizer link bushings that needed to be replaced due to leaky structs. At that point Pontiac showed me a black mark at the top of each red strut and advised me to call the shop. I did and they said they had the car aligned to the max to avoid strut rub and suggest perhaps a wheel spacer might be looked into. I told this to the Pontiac service person who didn't think that was a good idea and to take the car back to them. I called the shop back that evening and they said to call Monday for an appointment. Pontiac dealer allowed me to get the Pedder GSR's but due to warranty issues they would not put them on. I'm now concerned that if the shop says they can't do any more and Pontiac does not want to get involved with the aftermarket struts - am I going to be left out in the cold? This has become a never ending journey. Any suggestions before I call the shop Monday will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

·
Cell 719-491-1819
577 Posts
tamerlane57 said:
I had Pedders GSR's put on Tuesday by a very reputable shop and Friday I had Pontiac replace stablilizer link bushings that needed to be replaced due to leaky structs. At that point Pontiac showed me a black mark at the top of each red strut and advised me to call the shop. I did and they said they had the car aligned to the max to avoid strut rub and suggest perhaps a wheel spacer might be looked into. I told this to the Pontiac service person who didn't think that was a good idea and to take the car back to them. I called the shop back that evening and they said to call Monday for an appointment. Pontiac dealer allowed me to get the Pedder GSR's but due to warranty issues they would not put them on. I'm now concerned that if the shop says they can't do any more and Pontiac does not want to get involved with the aftermarket struts - am I going to be left out in the cold? This has become a never ending journey. Any suggestions before I call the shop Monday will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Contact any Pedders dealer. You will not be left out in cold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts