LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Bagpiper
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between the SLP and the BMR strut tower brace.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

·
O-TOWN Track Coordinator
161 Posts
Bmr

·
Controlled Insanity
287 Posts
I would personally buy the Pedders one and get something that can actually be adjusted and do something instead of just looking pretty in the engine bay.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
BMR color-matched for the win

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
i got the bmr, black as it comes, and it almost goes unnoticed. i only got it because the stock bar obviously did nothing, as the paint on the welds had come off from flex... i mostly got it just so the paint stays on. (^o^)

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,433 Posts
I Have the SLP. If this is a cosmetic upgrade...the BMR is more attractive...performance wise...they ALL do absolutely nothing. Even the stock is cosmetic. The sponsers will blast me but they all have slotted mounting and the studs they mount are so small if stressed they would bend or worse. If I hadnt got one for 1/2 price I would be annoyed.

·
Mugwump
1,073 Posts
I’m going to have pics of that and of my MV I mounted inside the car behind the passenger kick panel. Waiting for my camera to get back from Olympus for repairs.

·
Bagpiper
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice everyone. I am going with the BMR.

As far as color goes, I am having it sent to JetHot and they are going to coat it and ship it back to me for $50.

·
got man pedal?
1,292 Posts
does the bmr stb just mount up to the 2 bolt holes the factory one does,being basicly the same design?the whiteline stb i got has mounts that wrap all around the strut tower,kind of like a big heavy duty washer,and you actually drill 1 hole and use another hole already in the strut tower witch totals 4 bolts mounting the stb to the car-witch i believe makes it sturdier than the factory stb,you can also adjust it on both ends as well

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
i have the BMR, I like it

·
AZGOAT
109 Posts
Duckman said:
I Have the SLP. If this is a cosmetic upgrade...the BMR is more attractive...performance wise...they ALL do absolutely nothing. Even the stock is cosmetic. The sponsers will blast me but they all have slotted mounting and the studs they mount are so small if stressed they would bend or worse. If I hadnt got one for 1/2 price I would be annoyed.
I agree with this guy. It's just a piece of cheap tubing that looks cool and impressive, but does nothing else. Just pick one out that looks pretty to you and buy it. Who's name is on the free sticker doesn't really matter.

·
Army Acquisition Corp Officer
499 Posts
dms said:
Pedders will fit a Maggie

mike
dms
I just had the Justice package installed, but I haven't seen my car yet. What color is the Pedders' strut tower brace? Thanks in advance for the info.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts