LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to pull the trigger on the sts system. just wondering what else i should get with the base kit. im thinking the intercooler, but what do you guys think. im about to order with top shelf and they have that kick ass promotion on the 400 off on upgrades. inputs pls. what else to buy.

brimm

·
6 PSI is for nubs.. Or SBC's!
94 Posts
To you, Brimm, all STS dealers are promoting the same sale I beleive. Do your shopping, I'm sure you'll find a good deal. But regardless, and IC would prolly be your best bet. Mention your goals with the car so we can help you accomplish them.

The turbo that comes stock with the system spools fast(er) but doesn't provide as much top end power due to some sizing variables.

-Nate

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
daily driver. just want more power, but dont want to sacrifice reliability or drivability. just want to put it on and forget about it. i dont mind cleaning the filter once in a a while. and also, does anyone know if you get the snorkle kit with the basic kit?

brimm

·
6 PSI is for nubs.. Or SBC's!
94 Posts
I'm 98% positive it does have the snorkel, but I may be wrong. Basically, you'll *need* (loosely I say this): BOV, Intercooler, and tuning. With the right tune, you'll be good to go.
Clarification about the Snorkel, PLX!

·
Registered
149 Posts
snorkle

The snorkle kit is nice to have. I still haven't taken mine out of the box though. AND It rains every day in Miami.

Only once did I have an issue, I plowed into some deep puddles and got a touble code. Some kind of MAF issue I think. But no harm done and it only happened once, about a year ago.

So since it never happened again, I haven't installed it. BUT its nice to know that I have the kit to install if nec.

STS is still working well and makes the drive twice as fun....no regrets.

·
05/06 AEROFORCE HERE NOW!!!
2,352 Posts
Hey guys,

I saw some questions being asked here and thought I'd give you a few answers. :)

geegro05 is correct, the Snorkel kit IS INCLUDED. It certainly does it's job and while being effective it is also now included to alleviate any concerns people have about the intake location.

As for the sale we are running, it is true that all distributors are offering the $400 in free upgrades since that is an STS promotion, HOWEVER we are doing this ON TOP OF A SALE, AND DISCOUNTING ALL UPGRADES SUBSTANTIALLY!!! Plus when you order, we throw in one more surprise for you! :secret:

Oh yeah, in addition to that, if you can find a vendor with cheaper prices, WE WILL BEAT THEIR PRICES!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts