LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
STS Turbo or Twin Turbo????

I have been looking around and there are different Twin Turbo kits for our cars and i was wondering ahat would be a better way to go (im aiming for around 500RWHP or more :turbonaug ) and it looks like there price ranges are very close ?

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
STS doesn't make a twin for the GTO and I believe the twin setups are going to give you more HP than the single STS. Horsepower TV just had a C6 twin installed from STS (STS does make twins for Corvettes and Mustangs) and it put down ~540 RWHP, comparable to the GenTT. As for price, the single STS for the '05-'06 should be around $4900.

·
Registered
35 Posts
jagular said:
STS doesn't make a twin for the GTO and I believe the twin setups are going to give you more HP than the single STS. Horsepower TV just had a C6 twin installed from STS (STS does make twins for Corvettes and Mustangs) and it put down ~540 RWHP, comparable to the GenTT. As for price, the single STS for the '05-'06 should be around $4900.
Thats for the "tuner kit" after you buy everything else you will need (tune, fuel system, upgraded turbo, intercooler, etc...) you will be closer to $9000.

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
Dude its no where near $9k...2nd time i seen that comment.

Let me add it for you

Kit Price: $4,989.00 Which you can get alot cheaper from a dealer here!
Intercooler $300.00 (Build your own look on here for tech)
Ford Racing 42's $150-$300 (look on mustang sites)
Manual Boost controler $59.00
Tuner- I have a one forsale cheap with nelson performance custom tunes or you can use LS1 Edit which is about $499.00 dyno tuned out the door.
Kennybell boost a pump (Not srue)
Meth kit $150-$400
Good plug

Thats no where near 9k

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guys no need to rip me here...he was wanting to put down 500 hp...your not going to do that with the base kit...Also I was adding up #'s based on prices from the sts site. Even with your #'s it adds up to $6549 NOT $4900 and thats not gonna get you the 500 hp desired, and thats assuming he knows how to build an intercooler. But more power to you if you think you can get that kind of power for that low of a price.

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
1INSANEGTO said:
Let me add it for you

Kit Price: $4,989.00 +Intercooler $300.00 (Build your own look on here for tech)
Ford Racing 42's $300 +Manual Boost controler $59.00+LS1 Edit which is about $499.00 dyno tuned out the door.+Kennybell boost a pump $400 +Meth kit $400+Good plug $30

Thats no where near 9k
adding it up using the prices above gets you between 6500 to 7000 depending on how good the prices you find are.
You guys are assuming these people will be installing themselves,are comfortable with buying the parts seperate themselves and can fabricate.
I think first you would need to ask if they are gonna do it themselves.
If they are then yes it can be done for just around 6.6 to 7 grand using your numbers above,if they are having it done I can assure you it will cost them $9k at least.
I know where you are coming from,I put together a vortech kit for the GTO for under $3000 including injectors,boost a pump and meth kit yet it took forever to sell because it was made for a D.I.Y person and most people here are used to plug and play..Most would rather pay twice as much,put it on a credit card and not deal with using alittle backyard engineering.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Base 5.7 intercooled sts kit @4lbs

404 RWHP
464 RWTQ

Bring up the boost and you'll be able to get the power you want. But you'll have to buy some supporting parts. Nice seeing guys like Doric who are getting around some of the absurd price's. JMOP

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ironmancan said:
Base 5.7 intercooled sts kit @4lbs

404 RWHP
464 RWTQ

Bring up the boost and you'll be able to get the power you want. But you'll have to buy some supporting parts. Nice seeing guys like Doric who are getting around some of the absurd price's. JMOP

How the hell did ya get that from 4lbs??? im not bashing but im running 5 lbs with the 6.0 gto and dyno'd 420/420....

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
brianL said:
How the hell did ya get that from 4lbs??? im not bashing but im running 5 lbs with the 6.0 gto and dyno'd 420/420....
Thats cool I took it right off the sts site. I'll get the link.

Edit: http://www.ststurbo.com/gto_dyno

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
hmmmmm I will be running 10lbs with the STS T60 that comes in the base kit. I should be right at 550rwhp!

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
I will take that bet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts