LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having Mike rebuild my rear soon. Unfortunately the last shop stole/lost my BMR stubs. Does anyone have a pair the're willing to part with or a set of Mike's (2QWK4RU) hollow stubs?
(My apologies if this isnt the right place to inquire)
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would like to hear the story about what the shop said re: your axle stubs.
Sure- They failed rebuilding the rear so they got a junkyard one. During the swap they either purposefully kept or did not remember to swap over my BMR stubs. Foolishly, I did not check their work and only now (3 years later) realized they were missing when removing the diff again. They do not treat customer cars well in general. This situation was only the tip of the iceberg.

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
that sucks. afaik bmr doesn't even offer stubs anymore. those were rare birds.

DSS stubs are very good, though. usually always in stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm interested in the story of 1 of 2 Lingenfelter twin turbo 427 GTO!
Happy to give you a brief overview. Back in 2011 I wanted a 600+ RWHP car for under 50k and the GTO fit the bill. I had looked around at multiple TT cars and this one showed up on Ebay. I won the car and picked it up in GA. It was ordered by a guy who had all his other toys (including other TT Lingenfelter cars) seized by the IRS. The previous owner to me picked it up at auction and I got it from him because he said it 'terrified him' haha. The car had been neglected and needed a lot of TLC, but being a Lingenfelter, the build quality and engineering were superb. I've spent quite a bit bringing it back to spec. Everything from a new custom aluminum radiator, Cometic head gaskets, intakes, RPM level 6 TR-6060, and innumerable other upgrades and repairs (and now the differential) has been the order of the day. The car was verified by a former salesman at Lingenfelter who took the order for the car. He relayed that there was only one other TT built, but this one was the prototype. Here is a link to an old discussion thread I found: Twin Turbos - by Lingenfelter . The original owner and the salesperson both are in the discussion. Lingenfelter supplied me with the build sheets and you can see 'LPE' stamped on the deck of the block so it's ostensibly the same car. Some interesting highlights on the car: BMR carbon fiber drivershaft, half shafts, frame connectors and strut tower bar. It has a $6k custom stereo system, autometer gages with boost, FP, OP, OT, and WT. Interior is blue. Also included are LPE HRE forged wheels and the Harrop's 4 piston monster brake setup.
Unfortunately, this past February a drunk driver hit the car while parked and did 24k worth of damage. Fortunately, it was repaired (over 6 months) and there was no critical structural damage but required a significant amount of custom fabrication - even the A/C lines and condenser had to be fabricated. I'd be happy to go into further details on the car if there are any more specific questions:)

Thanks for helping me look for the BMR stubs!

·
Wol Gemut
3,566 Posts
that is absolutely awesome. you stated "under $50K", can you say how much it cost you in the ebay auction? it is in great ownership, that is for sure. crazy what happened with the drunk driver.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just read that whole thread. It sounds like a sweet car. Does it still have the LPE logos on the seats and the stickers on the outside? How many miles are on it now? He must have done the 427 and the 6060 at a later point. Any idea when it was seized vs when you bought it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So as far as price, I'll just say that it was somewhat under 45k. The car has been challenging to fix what with the custom build and our cars being poorly supported compared to even older GTOs. So yes, all headrests are embossed with the Lingenfelter logo and it did have the early 2000s splash decals on the doors which I removed. The valve covers are custom Lingenfelter too. The 427 was put in around 2006 from what I can discern and only has about 25k on that build. The 6060 was added by me about 4 years ago after the stock tranny synchros and bearings started becoming problematic. The car was seized by the IRS around 2008-9 and I got it in 2011.
As far as the drunk that hit me, the car was on the street at a friend's because it wouldn't make it into his driveway as it would've high sided going over the driveway ramp. Some clown made it 200 feet before coming at the parked car on the opposite side at a 45⁰. I caught the POS and he had no idea what he hit. It wasn't pretty!
Thanks for the questions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts