LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I see a lot of people going with the Blizaaks for this winter, but is anyone considering studs???

Seems like the way to go for me, but then again Ive never driven with studs so I dont know...

Anyone know of a good studdable tire?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
jsb5776 said:
Ok I see a lot of people going with the Blizaaks for this winter, but is anyone considering studs???

Seems like the way to go for me, but then again Ive never driven with studs so I dont know...

Anyone know of a good studdable tire?
You might want to check applicable laws in your state. Some states have banned them due to road damage. Panic braking on dry pavement can be pretty poor with studs, but then, last time I drove with studs on the rear was WAAAAY before the age of ABS. It was pretty common to lock up the rears (nasty scraping sound) if you had to really tromp on the brakes.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Last I knew studs were illeagal because of road dammage and the posibility of studs flying out at speed.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
If you are thinking studs or chains you bought the wrong vehicle.

Some winter tire will be as good as it gets, unless you go for the FWD conversion mod

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, studs are perfectly legal here in NY... but there is a date range to when you can have them on... yeah I priced out the blizaaks last week so thats probably what I'll go with... I was just wondering if anyone had thought about using studs semms like they would be a great help on wet ice...

Besides theres a winter carnival that has a big ice racing weekend up here... Obviously I'm not going to race my new GTO... but they do have a timed 1/4 mile set up on the ice that anyone can show up and run... figure if I had the studs already, why not???

FWD mod... funny... hard part would be turnin that engine sideways...

·
Silver/black/M6
283 Posts
I have the Blizaaks on my E-320 (benz) they work great,you must change all 4 over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts