LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Ordered my GTO (Torrid Red - A4) from a dealership about 4 months ago... hoping to get it soon. Question I have is this:
I am picking up my GTO in south carolina Now by the time I get it not all the bugs may be dead (by cold) so does anybody know anyone who is making a bra for the GTO or one that may fit? I am not planning on using this all the time - for all you bra haters - just want to protect my investment on my ride back to D.C.

Also dos anyone know any comapnies that are making accessories for the GTO?

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
I doubt anyone in the U.S. will have bras out yet. I would recommend giving it a good wax before the trip. Down here if Florida, many people spray "Pam" on the front of their car when we are in the Love Bug season. These little bugger's squashed bodies eat through the paint if not removed promptly. It's a nightmare.:eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davbo - I have heard of different waxes flying around, and am not sure which is the best. I have a 96 LT1 vette that I show sometimes, and I use mothers. Some people say they love it some say they hate it. At this point I really want a wax that will protect me from bugs, bird crap, etc.. I know your natural instinct is to reply something along the lines of "to each his own", but what is YOUR personal opinion?

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
My personal opinion is I use whatever is cheap and keeps the water beading the longest. I'm no show car guy so I've used Turtle Wax most often. Let the ridicule begin.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to make sure that when I get home to D.C. from Charleston, SC that my new toy is not all messed up :(

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
davbo said:
I doubt anyone in the U.S. will have bras out yet. I would recommend giving it a good wax before the trip. Down here if Florida, many people spray "Pam" on the front of their car when we are in the Love Bug season. These little bugger's squashed bodies eat through the paint if not removed promptly. It's a nightmare.:eek:
What ever you do DON'T use Pam.
I used to live in W. Palm Beach, Fl. and vacation in N.C. and made the mistake of putting Pam on my IROC-Z, and what a nightmare. The Pam baked onto the front of the car and grill from the heat and I had to take the car to the dealership to have the bugs and Pam removed................I'd load it up with wax if I were you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
First I do a deep clean with a mild abrasive soap. Than I clay bar the undercarriage to remove all residue. Than I massage the entire body with mineral oil. I like to buff starting with the ass and moving up.

Did you say car or wife? What was the question again? :p

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
cvp33 said:
First I do a deep clean with a mild abrasive soap. Than I clay bar the undercarriage to remove all residue. Than I massage the entire body with mineral oil. I like to buff starting with the ass and moving up.

Did you say car or wife? What was the question again? :p
:drink: have another!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts