LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do I reset the oil life monitor?!?! I followed the instructions to reset in the Owners manual: Turn the key to on; depress the gass pedal slowly twice in five seconds; turn off. Well, it hasn't worked. I tried the Acc setting, the on setting, I even started the car and had it running and tried it. None of it worked. I pusehd the pedal once, twice, three, four, five, all the way to 8 times, part throttle, full throttle, fast, slow...no good.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to leave the hood up, oil cap off, while in motion, with a stick of TNT on July 4th during a blizzard in Jamica, what?!

Obviously this is begining to frustrate me, as it is something that should be so simple yet is seemingly so complicated...:confused: :banghead:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yup, tree times. Same for my '06 Impala SS. However, the manual I believe is correct in the SS's. I was pretty annoyed on my first oil change.

·
2 Goat family
435 Posts
You have to do it pretty quick and sometimes it takes a couple of tries. You'll get it though. It's like entering a cheat code for a video game.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
TheAlmightyMe said:
Uhm..., Allow me to quote myself: "I pusehd the pedal once, twice, three, four, five, all the way to 8 times"
Three times IS the charm. Try it again, you'll see...

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
It will also reset if you push the pedal to the floor in your driveway until white smoke comes out your tail pipes and the motor stops running.

LR

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Magnified said:
It will also reset if you push the pedal to the floor in your driveway until white smoke comes out your tail pipes and the motor stops running.

LR
I rather not try that resolution. How about you try it an let us know...

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
TheAlmightyMe said:
I rather not try that resolution. How about you try it an let us know...
Come on now, where's that sense of humor? Hmmm?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts