LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this might sound stupid but HOW DO YOU DO A BURN OUT with an Auto tranny? Holding the brakes ingages the front AND rear discs so the wheels won't spin in back w/o damaging the brakes. Do you have to put on the parking brake and gun the engine? Someone fill me in!! :banghead:

·
ya im french what of it !
800 Posts
lol punch it .... be in 3rd or drive i seems to get the best burnouts in D

but i know what u mean, the auto dose not do burn outs well, it just takes off
and gooooooos.....

somedays i try and i cant then it becomes a fricken mission

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I street raced w/ my camaro, I always did it in 3rd so I wouldn't go into overdrive. I guess the same rule applies with the Goat. I'm at 360 miles. Only 140 more until I can go FAST! :D Thanks zbaron. I was begining to feel like a moron!

·
Registered
262 Posts
The A4 GTO's just squat and go ;) They squat a bit too much though, I can see the suspension bottoming out after adding some power, and with a good hard launch...

Holding the brakes to get the tires spinning will work, but you're right on eating up a bit of brake life. Just don't hold 'em forever and its no big deal -- brake pads are cheap :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
gettin the SLP line lock will make it much easier and save your tranny and rear brakes alot of abuse

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Line lock is your best bet. If you want to launch, do it from 1st with the TC off. :hail:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts