LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me hours for some reason to install the amp kit. The power wire was easy, ran that down the passengers side door frame, easy peasy, done in 10 miniutes. However I had a bad time with right angle RCA and trying to take them down the driver door frame. Got em back alright, but trying to get them through the back seat proved hard for some reason.

I think I may have been tired and not making the right decisions, but I got it in.

I'm currently running a Interfire IB2600 300/4ohm rms bridged to a single blaupunkt 200 watt 12" box I picked up from Fry's. I have thaJoker fabbing me up some boxes, but I couldn't wait for some boom boom, so I paid $100 for the blau, and I have to admit, It's really good. It's by no means earth shattering or anything, but you really can't beat the accuracy and spl for the price. If you can't wait to get your box, or don't feel like spending the green, this is a good option. It does take a bit of room in the trunk, but it doesn't fill it.

I'm considering giving it to my kid, when I replace it with my jokerboxes

However, I did somehow break the switch on the seat, that changes the angle of the seat. I have the plastic piece handle that attaches to the switch, but the switch itself broke.

Somehow I Also broke the cover that goes over the threshold of the door (that the screws are under)

Does anyone know the part number of these pieces and the cost, so I can order and replace them

I have to say, I've been working with car audio for a long time, and this is the *first* time I've ever broken panels/switches. Yeah of course occasionally you break clips, but damn.. What plastic are these body panels made of? They seem very brittle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
blah blah blah

I also forgot to mention. I really didn't think that a single 12" was going to push enough through that full gas tank, but seriously, if you've got a decent amp, you can great sound out of your trunk no problem.

Reading the various threads on this board for months as I have, you'd think it wouldn't work that well, and you have to install inside the cabin, but I can tell you, I've got clean tight accurate bass, and it cost me almost nothing.

Now if I can get my jokerboxes, and get rid of the blau, to reclaim my trunk!

OH, BTW: First time poster, great board, I've been lurking for like a year. :)

Adam

·
Suffering Fools
15,297 Posts
How'd you have a problem running the RCA cables? Did you not remove all the trim along the way?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts