LS1GTO Forums banner

Subaru Sti vs Corvette Z06 vs Lamborghini vs Nissan Skyline

2K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  GTS_300_Coupe 
#1 ·
#2 ·
that z06 driver sucks and so does the lambo driver

#4 ·
I think that pretty accurate because the skyline and the scooby where no where near stock.

#5 ·
Only in Japan can a NSXR beat every premier ($400K+) sports car in the world.....

Only in Japan can a Z06 and a Lambo get smoked by a Subaru and a Skyline....

If I lived in bizarro-world Japan, I'd just buy a Honda Civic.....must be something in the air, I hear they run low 10's out there bone stock.

#6 · (Edited)
Thats the Z-Tune skyline...Tuned by Nismo and only 20 built. (Basically a used R34 takin from a lot and tuned with Nismo parts)/

And the Subaru is the limited edition STI S204 and only 600 were made.

And please dont use the excuse the drivers are crap...There japanese race car drivers. Z06 was holding up the lambo and skyline :secret: You could hear the guy in the skyline honk his horn a couple times :gr_jest:

Time attack (Solo lap) results are,

Lambo - 1:04.76
Skyline - 1:05.10
Z06 - 1:06.02
S204 - 1:07.00

#9 ·
lambo was an auto?

#11 ·
thats awesome, we have got to get monthly video car production magazine like the ones best moroting does, well we do get best moroting international with english dubs. But Im talking about a american based videomagazine like this one. Motorweek just dont cut it.

#12 ·
stevenmalone said:
Lambo driver seemed to be good, the skyline better in the corners than the z06 and the subaru was lucky to start first. the z06 had it better in the straighaways
I don't think the Subura was lucky to start first, I think they did that intentionally. The cars ran in order of decreasing lap time (solo) (from the slowest to the fastest car), which makes some measure of sense if you want any chance of some passing during the race.

#13 ·
I thought they ran them in order of their hp rating? Lowest first to highest last.

#15 ·
itsme4g63 said:
thats awesome, we have got to get monthly video car production magazine like the ones best moroting does, well we do get best moroting international with english dubs. But Im talking about a american based videomagazine like this one. Motorweek just dont cut it.
I agree. Laguna Seca be a perfect track for the show...

#16 ·
Good video, but it still doesn't make sense...

The best-engineered $60K all aluminum and carbon fiber/fiberglass 500bhp 3xx rear tired Vette getting held off by a lightly factory-modded econobox?

I'm not really buying into it. Looks like the STi driver was giving it hell, along with the Skyline driver, and the Vette and Lambo drivers were just cruising around. But that's just how I see it.

#17 ·
Yep, looked more into it, and I don't give that video much credit - MILD suspension/brake tweaks and only 320bhp does not equal Lamborghini / Z06 killer. Driver, on the other hand, maybe.

And I'm by no means a domestic nutswinger. I almost bought a WRX and LOVE how they drive. My old Honda Accord was the "nicest" car I've ever owned.

#18 · (Edited)
The Guy in the Subaru was going balls out...Its a very small and tight track so handling is A LOT more important than how much power you have. Every time down the straightaway they pulled right back up to the Subaru from about 10 cars back.

Some tracks do not suit some cars...And the Z06 was clearly not the fastest car out of that bunch. The Subaru was about 3 seconds off the Lambo which was fastest in a solo lap...Also the guy in the Z06 was doing a lot of defensive driving to keep the Skyline behind which kills your lap times while the Subaru was going balls out using ever inch of the track.

If the Lambo and Skyline had got by the Z06 they would have easily caught the Subaru within a lap. NOT saying the Z06 is slow but that track just does not suit the Z06 very well...

Watch this,

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8AF7F42C-63F2-4AA8-84EF-D3997DC125EC.htm

Evo has 400HP and is tuned but look at how much faster in the turns it is...The Evo and the Subaru are very much a like in the handling department. Lambo is faster...But that means nothing in the turns.

#20 ·
Understeer didn't look exactly "tamed" on the last corner...

Anyways, poster above has it right I reckon -- The STI was being thrashed, whereas the vette looked like it was being granny shifted (watch the in-car cam off the starting line...), missed apexes, not using the whole road, buttoning off when getting close.

However, compare this video review to the complete garbage you see on Speed (where nobody exceeds 55mph...)

#21 ·
I hate videos like these and the Top Gear british videos because the drivers usually suck. Either that or like on the Top Gear video, the Z06 smokes the competition but the bridiots complain that it cant be driven on the street. They also always granny shift the American cars, just plainly drive them like crap

#23 ·
The driver of that wrx is keinchi tsuchia (or something along those lines), he is the father of drifting and is usually referred to in japan as dori dori. He is one of the best drivers in japan and he is the old man sitting fisihing on the pier while the hick learns how to drift the rwd evo in fast and furious tokyo drift. I can understand that these guys were taking it easy on the more expensive cars, I've seen them do it before (f50, other lambos & ferraris). There are only 20 of those skylines on the whole planet, so I dont know why he was beating on it so hard. The guy that probably could drive all the cars balls out with confidence regardless their price is the guy driving that wrx, which is one piece of work (the s204, for a wrx), you guys should see the suspension setup from under-the-car pics.

#24 ·
its no doubt that that skyline was so fast. Its the special edition Ztune as stated before, only 20 made. Nissan bought back 20 slightly used r34 Vspec II and heavily modified them. Because there done by nismo, the performance division of Nissan, they are considered production cars, and THE fastest production cars EVER. They cost 170k a piece and did 0-400 meters (just shy of 1/4 mile) in 10.06 seconds, 6/10ths faster than any other car ever tested and its not a drag car. oh, and it only is 500 hp and 400 lb/tq.

more info here....
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0505_scc_nismo_z_tune_skyline/

Z06s are sweet but there one flaw is in that aluminum frame everyone loves, its very unpredictable in how it moves and takes drivers time to master it. For any driver, taking that car to the edge and getting every ounce out of it takes time. it doesnt change the fact i want one baaad!

#25 ·
I've actually ripped the nismo z tune review from best motoring international last year, if anyone wants to host it up i'll be more than glad to send it, all 170mb of it.

#26 ·
Review of the skyline i found awhile back,

No matter what you do in this car, your brain has to recalibrate its understanding of the laws of physics when it comes to cornering; nothing prepares you for the phenomenal grip this coupe generates. Even such cliches as 'it redefines cornering' seem inappropriate. On public roads, you run out of balls before you run out of roadholding.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...iew&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox-a

Its like that with google so you dont have to register to read it :pimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.