LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
They are, or were offered. I looked into them briefly because I used to have them on my 95 Z28 and it really firmed up the handling. A few people here had them, if I remember right. Not a super easy install. I remember one guy getting his rear carpet set on fire by a not-so-careful installer / welder.

That's all I've got.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
BMR sells them, and need to be welded in place. So make sure you pull back your carpet and properly prep the area, and put some paint on it afterwards.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BMR sells them, and need to be welded in place. So make sure you pull back your carpet and properly prep the area, and put some paint on it afterwards.
Yes, that’s where I saw them. Was wondering if they were worth it.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,021 Posts
Reading the posts from years ago, people argued both sides. Some claimed that they felt no difference and V-chassis was already super stiff.
Others says instant improvement and more Forza performance index points.
None of those threads were very analytical or attempted to be psuedo-scientific.

So... try them out and report back!

·
Need To Drive More
1,458 Posts
Installed when they first came out. Performance difference? None. Track day before/after with only SFC's and no ET or 60' change. I don't do any road course driving but I can say the "feel" compared to a non SFC GTO is more rigid. Its not scientific nor any way to actually measure it but myself and others who have driven my GTO with the SFC do experience a more solid "feel".
The positives are the chassis itself stays square when lifting the car. The doors don't sag while on jack stands. The jacking points are a definite plus.

Are the SFC worth it? Are Mexico Racing League stickers worth it? Sure, why not.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,645 Posts
1st mod I did back in '04. I can say the car is just as solid as it was back then. Easy to lift the car. If nothing else, the car hasn't lost it's rigidity over time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts