LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Puppy Power!!
1,693 Posts
Thanks.

Well damn, there goes that idea.
I was the guy to originally post those box measurements.

Anyway, if you want sound quality, get a set of the IDQ 10's. They are great!!

There are some other subs that will fit if you want a bit more bump, instead of the nice flat response of an SQ system. ;-)

·
Totally Stock
733 Posts
I was the guy to originally post those box measurements.

Anyway, if you want sound quality, get a set of the IDQ 10's. They are great!!

There are some other subs that will fit if you want a bit more bump, instead of the nice flat response of an SQ system. ;-)
Well I'm going with a Rainbow Vanadium, but I need 1.2 cuft to get the response/Q I want.

I wont put anything smaller than 1 cuft in any car due to Q and efficiencies.

·
Suffering Fools
15,248 Posts
I wont put anything smaller than 1 cuft in any car due to Q and efficiencies.
Well we don't have much choice in the side panels. And most (I think ALL except for mine) have been sealed enclosures.

·
Totally Stock
733 Posts
Well we don't have much choice in the side panels. And most (I think ALL except for mine) have been sealed enclosures.
It'll have to be the trunk sides. Doesn't bother me too much. I'll just have to go 4 way and grab me some mids.

·
Suffering Fools
15,248 Posts
It'll have to be the trunk sides. Doesn't bother me too much. I'll just have to go 4 way and grab me some mids.
Post pics of your install when you do it.

·
Suffering Fools
15,248 Posts
They sound just fine right there. A lot less loss than you get having them in the trunk.

·
Totally Stock
733 Posts
They sound just fine right there. A lot less loss than you get having them in the trunk.
Which is also my other concern. I haven't had the privilege of running a sub in a sports car trunk (it's a first for me), which is why I'm looking into a second sub for comparison sake.

·
Shallow & Pedantic
1,558 Posts
Yep in the trunk is a much better place behind a gas tank:drink:
geez, who didn't know that einstein. Why you think i put my 12's in the rear deck???
wanna fight about it. lol

Just thinking that having a body panel smack up against the speaker may be a problem and making a grill opening would help. Like Bob did!

I'm just a greenhorn so it would worry me if the air wasn't able to flow away from the front of the cone.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey 05Goat Boy, I see you still haven't corrected your signature yet. Here is what it should say if you want your German to be correct:

Dein Pferd leckt die Eier meiner Ziege.
Spricht Ihr Deutsch?

The word "saugen" meaning "to suck" is not a slang word in German. It only applies to vacuum cleaners, babies bottles, etc. You would use "lecken" which means to lick. The word "bälle" meaning "balls" is likewise not a slang word. That word only applies to soccer balls, tennis balls, etc. You want the word "Eier" which means "eggs" and is also slang for "testicles" in German. End of lesson.....;)

BTW, Do you still sell the radios already modified with the aux in mod?

·
Shallow & Pedantic
1,558 Posts
Hey 05Goat Boy, I see you still haven't corrected your signature yet. Here is what it should say if you want your German to be correct:

Dein Pferd leckt die Eier meiner Ziege.
Spricht Ihr Deutsch?

The word "saugen" meaning "to suck" is not a slang word in German. It only applies to vacuum cleaners, babies bottles, etc. You would use "lecken" which means to lick. The word "bälle" meaning "balls" is likewise not a slang word. That word only applies to soccer balls, tennis balls, etc. You want the word "Eier" which means "eggs" and is also slang for "testicles" in German. End of lesson.....;)

BTW, Do you still sell the radios already modified with the aux in mod?

Thanks!!! That's sweet. Already changed it.

Yes i do, and they are out of stock.....about 2 months out.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts