LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i called UP, and i actually found something out. The good news is my car has been loaded on a train today. The bad news is the car is broken. Bad yoke or gears. Its gonna be 5-6 days to get to fairfax then its got to be unloaded there. After it is unloaded, it has to wait until more cars are coming in my direction to be loaded onto another rail car. After that happens, it will take 2-3 more days. It looks like i'll be getting it in february sometime. This is a car i should have had a week ago. Damn Pontiac!

·
Depreciation Victim
122 Posts
I imagine you mean the railcar. As everyone knows GTO's are indestructible.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
POOK said:
I imagine you mean the railcar. As everyone knows GTO's are indestructible.
Almost

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a big Meany!!!
:drink: :drink:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Ain't I a stinker?-Bugs Bunny

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Hmmm, for a yoke to go "bye-bye" means someone most likely did a nice hard launch (And I do mean HARD). OTherwise, I just can't seem to understand how a yoke or a set of gears can break without some form of "shock" to them.

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
WTF ???? this is not normal for a GTO to have this problem, or holden for that matter...

CANCEL ... and buy another one of the dealers lot...

or am i over-reacting.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ude-Lose said:
WTF ???? this is not normal for a GTO to have this problem, or holden for that matter...

CANCEL ... and buy another one of the dealers lot...

or am i over-reacting.
I believe the damage was to the railcar, not the GTO!

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'd think that they would know it had this problem before they loaded it. It appears it hasnt left yet so why not load onto a working car or something. If its not pontiac its the railroad company. What the hell's happenin?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Those problems are generally not seen until you couple the car to another one or pull away. Having spent 5 years in a railcar manufacturing plant I seen it before. I'm sure the problem didn't surprise anyone or seem at all unusual.

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Talked to Union Pacific and after 8 days of being broken they finally decided to order parts. The parts will be here within a week. Pisses me off to the greatest extent.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You guys are forgetting something, to UP, this is just another load of freight! They don't care that it's a GTO. They don't care that the car was built in Australia. They don't care that you've waited 1 year already. All they know is that it was loaded on to a rail car, hooked to a train, and staged, just like any other "Stack", grain/coal hopper, or other car hauler.

How do you think some power company that's shipping a multi-million dollar load of coal across country to be used to heat your house "feels" when their shipment is delayed because of a breakdown? And their stuff is shipped constantly by UP and BNSF?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts