LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ls2 freak
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair from tirerack--unbelievable price for 168+ speed rated summer tires of course there was $11.75 shipping for each tire also but that still is great price and it says that it is for use in all types of whether except extreme cold and is ok for light snow so that is going to be ok for tn. weather.They don't have the best treadwear rating in the world but got good reviews by some guy who has 430 rwtq corvette as fast as i burn up tires 2 for $155 shipped is great for me

·
GTO sold - Now G8 GT MGM
116 Posts
Just had my set installed on Friday. Seem nice so far. Maybe a hint more road noise and seems like maybe just a hair stiffer ride (side walls) compared to the stockers. A steal for the price though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have about 3,000 miles on the set I put on my car. I am very pleased with these, especially at the price. They also hook better than the stock BFG's in the dry, haven't tried snow yet.

·
ls2 freak
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock04 said:
I have about 3,000 miles on the set I put on my car. I am very pleased with these, especially at the price. They also hook better than the stock BFG's in the dry, haven't tried snow yet.
I had been buying used falkens/goodyears for rear and paying $25/$35 apiece and they wouldn't last long at all i can't believe the price on these--i am going to put my bfg's with about 15g on them on the rear and throw these on the front--might try to get 2 more b-4 they run out--i am sure this is because they have the htrzII's out now and these are HTRZ'S

·
Sewer Pipe Gage Pod
57 Posts
Stock04 said:
The HTR Z's have a pretty low treadwear rating (160). Has anyone had these long enough to comment on how fast they wear?

I've noticed that Nexen N3000's are another cheap alternative ($68 each from onlinetires.com). Not many reviews available, but they have a more aggressive tread design and a higher treadwear rating.

·
ls2 freak
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skygazer said:
The HTR Z's have a pretty low treadwear rating (160). Has anyone had these long enough to comment on how fast they wear?

I've noticed that Nexen N3000's are another cheap alternative ($68 each from onlinetires.com). Not many reviews available, but they have a more aggressive tread design and a higher treadwear rating.
The nexens look good but probably a better deal for those on the west coast as they ship outta california and ups shipping is $18 per tire and i paid little less then $12 shipping for the sumitomos shipping outta georgia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts