LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a place within 10 minutes drive from my house that installs webasto sunroofs. I'm seriously thinking about having one installed. However, I have a few concerns.
1) I have not seen one other 04 GTO since I got mine in February. My guess is they've never worked on one. Does that matter or just the fact that they specialize in sunroof installations should make me feel better.
2) What kind of questions do I need to ask them? I've never had a sunroof before.
3) Will I be sorry I did this? What's the down side?

Thanks for your help

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
GTOKaren said:
There's a place within 10 minutes drive from my house that installs webasto sunroofs. I'm seriously thinking about having one installed. However, I have a few concerns.
1) I have not seen one other 04 GTO since I got mine in February. My guess is they've never worked on one. Does that matter or just the fact that they specialize in sunroof installations should make me feel better.
2) What kind of questions do I need to ask them? I've never had a sunroof before.
3) Will I be sorry I did this? What's the down side?

Thanks for your help
1. unfortunatlely, this will probably be one of the first or the first GTO that they have b/c of rarity of the GTO. there is nothing you can really do about this unles you want to wait a few years for them to have done a couple.

2. i would ask them about warranty? repairs? other cars theyve worked on? pics? maybe try to ask other people who have had it done?

3.i have had an aftermark sunroof installed on my previous car (97 GTP). it was done by American Sunroof Company. and came with a lifetime warrany (i think). i was very pleased with it. it only leaked once after i got. the problem was fixed and it never leaked for another 4 years (sold car for GTO). so i would say that as long as this place does good quality work. you will be quite happy ( i hope)
i would try running a search for posts by the webastos sponsor. i believe the SN is (mbacon).

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
whiffer said:
what about weakening the frame of the car?
appearanty this is the EXACT same sunroof placed in the monaros by the factory. so i would not worry. if you are really concerned, get some BMR SFCs

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
My boss Chris had his nephew stop by with his IBM that he had a moon roof put in.
I did not have my digital that day
It looked fairly good but the put in a different headliner and it did not quit match to my liking.
I hear that he is having problems with it sticking open.
This is an in the roof moon roof so it retracts in the roof between the exterior and the headliner

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Holeshot said:
My boss Chris had his nephew stop by with his IBM that he had a moon roof put in.
I did not have my digital that day
It looked fairly good but the put in a different headliner and it did not quit match to my liking.
I hear that he is having problems with it sticking open.
This is an in the roof moon roof so it retracts in the roof between the exterior and the headliner
Was this the Webasto or did they go to some knock off place like ASC? My Explorer had an ASC sunroof and it was "Absolutely Super Crappy" all right.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
phobos512 said:
Was this the Webasto or did they go to some knock off place like ASC? My Explorer had an ASC sunroof and it was "Absolutely Super Crappy" all right.
Not sure thats why I am not pointing any fingers,but I will Find out.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'd like to know how the head room is. If I could just sit in one to know my head won't rub on the ceiling I would probably buy one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts