LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know alot of guys run the 549's on the 05/06's but my question is has anyone tried the 5454's? its a dual dual setup and it would run through one muffler insteead of 2...would this work? and would it hurt performance any? do you think it would be a little louder than 2 mufflers? i wanted a deeper sound but from what i hear the muffler delete is too loud and i really didnt want all that...just wanted the car to actually sound like a 400hp car rather than an under-water mustang. any advise would be appreciated...trying to do this on a budget and didnt wanna get into a catback

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/p...ge=product_info&cPath=34_196&products_id=4027

·
medium rare
348 Posts
I have looked into doing this also...but the muffler is too long. I was going to put this inplace of the resonator and get muffler deletes.

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks thats all i needed...but i think you meant replacing the muffler and getting resonator deletes?

·
Yellowjacketfever
479 Posts
you can do a single exit exhaust. 2 into 1 then a 1 baffle race 3" in 3" out flowmaster. and the muffler fits in the space with alot of room to spare. i came out the back with a 3" piece of 3" stainless pipe. and the sound is a real deep idle and not alot of drone inside until u roll down the windows. then you get a roar from about 2000 rpm all the way to wot. mine has been on for about 6 months, and i have had alot of trans am and camaro drivers want to know where i have done my exhaust. i have about 180.00$ in the whole thing including the muffler. maybe one of these day's my son will help me do a video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts