LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NASA Instructor, MW/GL Region
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) A YOUNG MAN IN TOWN HERE HAS A 40TH ANVERSERY SUPERCHARGED T-BIRD. HES GOT HEADERS AND A FULL DUAL EXHAUST AND RUNS 14-15 LBS OF BOOST. I THINK HES GOT MORE MODS THAN THAN THIS BUT HE WASNT SAYING. WE WENT OUT ON THIS OLD COUNTRY ROAD AND LINED UP. I HAD MY WINDOW DOWM AND TOLD HIM TO SAY GO AND WE'LL START. (I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE FAIRLY EASY) . HE REVS THE THE ENGINE UP AND YELLS READY, SET, GO AND WE'RE OFF. HIS FRONT BUMPER IS 2 FT IN FRONT. :eek2: I HIT 2ND AND CHIRP THE TIRES AND STARTED TO SLOWLY GAIN. AFTER I HIT THIRD WITH MY WINDOW STILL DOWN I HEARD HIM HIT 3RD ALSO (HE HAS AND AUTO) I REALLY STARTED TO PULL AWAY :) AT THE FINISH I WAS ABOUT 3 1/2 LENGTHS AHEAD :gr_jest: HIS GEAR RATIO FROM 2ND TO 3RD WAS A BIG JUMP AND BOGGED HIS ENGIME DOWN. IF HE'D HAD A STICK I THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSER. THAT CAR WAS QUICK FOR A V6. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN. BOTH OF US HAD A GOOD TIME, EVEN THOUGH HE LOST, HE WAS A GOOD SPORT ABOUT IT.

·
That's Got A V6 Right?
303 Posts
So how did you enjoy that fried thunderchicken? :D

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I liked my bird ROASTED!!!

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Can I have a leg? :hail:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Nice kill, guess he didn't bring enough mods. I bet the auto is what is killing him. My father just got a pulley on his SSEi and that thing rips for a heavy 4 door. Its the auto that doesn't like to downshift and has econo gearing that robs potential.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
nice kill........good goatfeed.....

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
THANKS ALL. IT WAS A BLAST :burnout: NEXT TUE MR KFC AND I ARE GOING TO THE TRACK. :punch: I'LL POST THE TIMES WHEN I GET EM.
THAT SHOULD BE FUN. :)

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
Nice Kill, Kfrey! ... Jus' keeps a whippin' up on d'em Fords, Ya'all .. BBD will take a nice pair of Breasts, please. :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had a 92 TBird 5-speed; my GTO reminds me of that car in many ways - understated good looks, lots of interior space, good power (well, great power in the GTO). I had been looking for something similar to that car for several years; the GTO is an excellent upgrade.

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
Based on your description and knowing the times that stock SC's (15.1 @ 93 according to Ford). It would seem he was much closer to stock than he was admiting to.

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WELL IF HES CLOSER TO STOCK........I'D HATE TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE WITH SOME MODS :bomb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts