LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Don't own one but soon, 2005 Pontiac GTO, M6, Cyclone Grey.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
well, i'm actually a 12 year old, so yes. seems like you're punching down, aye? you bully. i'm telling.
dude you literally joined the page in 2006. I had barely turned one when you joined this fucking forum. I'm not fucking trolling you. You're just a fucking lowlife who thinks it's funny to mess with people who know what they're talking about, and it fucking shows.

·
Worthless reject member
53,855 Posts
on a serious note, that probably wasn't a good idea, if that really is your ID. i know you think you've redacted enough information, but you haven't.

you do you i guess.

and also, seriously, if you're being honest, it's cool you're into GTO's, but you really don't know enough. accept that or don't. if you don't, you're going to have a hard time. fronting like you're doing now makes stuff even worse.

·
Registered
Don't own one but soon, 2005 Pontiac GTO, M6, Cyclone Grey.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
on a serious note, that probably wasn't a good idea, if that really is your ID. i know you think you've redacted enough information, but you haven't.

you do you i guess.

and also, seriously, if you're being honest, it's cool you're into GTO's, but you really don't know enough. accept that or don't. if you don't, you're going to have a hard time. fronting like you're doing now makes stuff even worse.
you act like I don't know anything about them, which is very infuriating because I know quite a bit about them. I've read more than enough about them to be able to tell you that the LS2 is a great motor, I know more than enough to tell you that the suspension is shit and I could have told you that before I started this discussion. I know they have overheating issues because the LS runs hot. I know why they moved the gas tank into the trunk, I know it's factory diff is shit. It's the questions about what to do to the car when I own it. And so far the most I've gotten out of people is "buy australian gears because they don't whine." Great, helpful little piece of advice, but I've also learned how expensive this car is to modify, and I certainly could have told you that before I joined this forum. If you genuinely don't think that a GTO with headers and a cat-back won't make that much hp to the tire then fine. But I've been around cars and car people my entire life, and I've taught myself every single aspect of them. So yeah, I get it, you've owned a GTO probably since it was new and I haven't, so you don't think it's possible or plausible that I know a lot about them, and that's fine, you keep telling yourself that, but when I'm able to break down the math for you, and I'm able to carry a conversation about the motor with you, then I think I know what I'm talking about. Sure, maybe I'm overthinking it and trying to say I should buy things for the car that I probably shouldn't worry about, but when you have some people saying don't buy gears, and others saying "gears was the best thing for the car" that's where it starts to get a little fuzzy. Because you've now said both. It makes me not want to be on this forum when I for one can't get a straight answer, and for two people start to make fun of me for being able to do simple fucking math. So yeah, you've been decently helpful to me, but then you've been pretty fucking rude to me. So I yeah, thanks for the advice, but you could have left it at a simple, "gears aren't very important, but here's what you should do straight out of the gate..." Not "gears aren't helpful on GTOs." and then "well gears are helpful but buy Aussie ones." "unless you're a baller and can afford a new IRS from G-force." So I get it you know more about the car than I do and I accept that, but I still know a lot about the motor. And I know from people telling me, and from seeing it with my own eyes, that headers and a cat-back is one of the best things you can do for cheap power on any modern V8 motor.

·
Worthless reject member
53,855 Posts
i didn't read everything you just posted, but this is my take.

everyone is in different states of learning. i was where you are now many years ago.

i like to debate and hyberbolize. i didn't mean to stifle the spirits of a genuine young enthusiast.

a lot of opinions people have are subjective. i tried to offer some objective (albeit simulated) data on how the gears would perform to help you decide better, but mixed it with some sarcasm.

but, as far as what mods are worth on these cars, i would suggest doing some searching on here and on ls1tech, and if you've already done so, dig some more. also, learn the differences between how various dynos read and correction standards affect dyno readingst as well. you'll find out what cars with the mods i listed actually dyno and be able to compare different dyno sheets. a range of 360-380 with headers, catback, intake, and a tune on an LS2 gto is pretty typical. note that this is a range, dependent on a whole host of factors.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.