LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three month wait, it is in. Will dyno and redyno after install on Tuesday at 9 am. Perhaps we can see if my computer has adjusted to the speed CAI tube. Will be running premium this time...

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Nice! I would like to hear it.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shinzon said:
Re-dyno , what were your stock numbers ?
280/287 then 319/330 with Speed inc CAI. Engine could have cooled between runs, and I was running regular unleaded.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
04bluegto said:
You use regular and have had no problems?
I would not even think about it.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure

04bluegto said:
You use regular and have had no problems?
It doesn't have as much power when passing but it runs fine as I mostly do Highway driving on the tollway. Regular gasoline and premium gasoline have very little differences except their octane components. That said, when I mix regular 1/2 a tank and premium 1/2 a tank regular it runs almost as good as premium. When I put a gallon of racing fuel in with that mix it is awesome. I am not shy when it comes to blending gas as this what I have to do to get my 65 riv to run like it had leaded in it...

·
Been here for a long time...
4,660 Posts
Race gas is leaded... Mixing half and half unleaded only gets you about 90 octane. Still not enough to get the full potential out of the car. Mixing racing fuel in the tank will eventually kill the cats and O2 sensors.

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
You cant run leaded gas in your car at all... it has cats and the reaction in the cats goes away with leaded gas and will cause it to stop passing emissions.. so I have been told. I am assuming you meant regular 87 oct not "Leaded" regular...

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
by Heights " 280/287 then 319/330 with Speed inc CAI. Engine could have cooled between runs, and I was running regular unleaded."

sooo you picked up 39rwhp with the speed inc ???? or am I missing something here ??

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
DFWGTO said:
You cant run leaded gas in your car at all... it has cats and the reaction in the cats goes away with leaded gas and will cause it to stop passing emissions.. so I have been told. I am assuming you meant regular 87 oct not "Leaded" regular...
Denso does market a replacement oxygen sensor for LS1 camaros and Y body that isn't affected by leaded fuels. I'm assuming it will work too in the GTO. So with SW headers no cats and Denso 02s you could run some C16!!!

·
Been here for a long time...
4,660 Posts
GMH GTO said:
Denso does market a replacement oxygen sensor for LS1 camaros and Y body that isn't affected by leaded fuels. I'm assuming it will work too in the GTO. So with SW headers no cats and Denso 02s you could run some C16!!!
Those still die from the lead. They just last longer than the AC sensors.

At the track here, you can buy 104 unleaded.

I used to mix Xylene before I switched to water/alcohol injection. 93 octane will turn into 99-100 octane.

3 gallons of 93 octane
1 gallon of Xylene
1 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil for every gallon of Xylene

Perfectly safe for O2 and cats. Don't get it on the paint and always use the MM oil as it puts back lubricant that the Xylene strips out. I ran this way for over a 1.5 years and never had a problem. Makes it hard to read plugs though as they tend to be really clean(white).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shinzon said:
by Heights " 280/287 then 319/330 with Speed inc CAI. Engine could have cooled between runs, and I was running regular unleaded."

sooo you picked up 39rwhp with the speed inc ???? or am I missing something here ??
You can search for the thread to see the dyno sheets...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is on...

added 13 hp from this morning. computer did adjust to cai as my dyno w/o catback was at 307/303. I wonder what effects the regular gas had on the original dyno? So the next question is whether I could reprogram the computer to get it back to the hp rating from before? Next month, g1 cam, pulley, and dyno tune...

I took mpegs with digital camera but it is hard to hear before and afters.

City rather reasonable sound, definately louder than stock inside of car. Start up is beautiful. standing on it in fourth gear makes me smile.

Highway drones a bit after 80 but rather tame between 60-80, quieter in 5th rather than 6th. will email mpegs on request.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I believe there are pictures of the SW system in the Bolt on section which show the tips.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts