LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the headers that I bought from Doric early this week. I put them on yesterday afternoon with one person helping me and it only took about 2.5 hours. My goat has 47k miles so I thought it would be a pain to do but it was so simple. If anyone is thinking about putting long tubes on do not hesitate the sound alone was worth the money and time to me. I have not thrown a cel or ses yet but the car goes in for a tune next month.:gears:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
nice job on the 2.5 hr install, thats hauling. enjoy the power

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
These are WELL WORTH it for sure. I have had mine on about 5 weeks now. The sound level and tone has completely changed with the car now.

Once they were installed, we fired the car up running headers only. That is wicked [email protected]! They sure made my Magnaflows sound mean!

·
Registered
47 Posts
ya I had mine for 2 weeks now and I love it but I find myself turning the radio down and reving it higher so I can hear the music from the engine. I was impressed with how easy the install was too . It took me only 2 maybe 2.5hrs after I got the car jacked up. Well worth it.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Heck yeah - I rarely listen to the radio/CD now... I listen to the car. Pure joy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have noticed my radio has been turned down alot since the install, that and for some reason I am getting some crap gas mileage now:burnout:.
Oh nevermind I keep forgetting I can't lift my foot off the accelerator now:)

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
I agree with yellowjacketguy, Its just the combo I was looking for. I go to vector tomorrow for the tune and cant wait to see the difference in numbers the long tubes made, the sound alone was worth it to me though. I cant say I listen to my radio much either. I am also curious to see how loud it is while I am not iside the car, going under a wide bridge during WOT sounds really loud from inside the car.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
04JRB said:
I agree with yellowjacketguy, Its just the combo I was looking for. I go to vector tomorrow for the tune and cant wait to see the difference in numbers the long tubes made, the sound alone was worth it to me though. I cant say I listen to my radio much either. I am also curious to see how loud it is while I am not iside the car, going under a wide bridge during WOT sounds really loud from inside the car.
It sounds effing amazing going under a bridge or through a tunnel!

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
absofrigginlutely!

·
One of the few and proud...
220 Posts
Installed my SW headers (also purchased from a member) this weekend too, but it took me a lot longer than 2.5 hours. I did it by myself, and took me about 8 hours total. The passenger side took me about 30 minutes, but the drivers side kicked my @$$!

Very happy with the results. Sounds awesome with the Magnaflow cat-back!!!

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Dont feel bad, Thats about what it took me. 4 hours on the drivers side and 30 min on the passenger, and I was on a lift. If I hadnt forgot to reconnect the steering knuckle I could have done it in an hour less. And tightening the power steering lines was tiedious and had to take my time, 1/8 turn at a time was killing me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts