LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed the ones with no cats? I have stock mufflers with no cats and it is a little loud any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DevilYellow said:
Not too loud, infact idling is not bad. Reving up is a very plesant sound :D
I installed the lt with no cats and stock mufflers and it really pops on deceleration I like the idle sound just not the popping noise this might be because the o2 sensors are not plugged in and it is running very rich. I didnt know I needed to get the 02 extension plugs for the install and just ordered them. Any ideas to quiet it down a little?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DevilYellow said:
um.... you need the front o2's to have the car run properly. The back 2 o2's do nothing for running the motor.
I realize this and have the connectors ordered and know this is why it runs like crap, but was wondering about the popping and it is just a little loud for my taste if there is any quieter mufflers out there.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I recently spoke with Stainlessworks. (very helpful) He states that the popping is the richness of the stock tune with headers. Deceleration curves need to be modified to get rid of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mistermike said:
I recently spoke with Stainlessworks. (very helpful) He states that the popping is the richness of the stock tune with headers. Deceleration curves need to be modified to get rid of it.
Thanks for the info.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Mine popped like a sumof abith until I had a dyno tune. It pops a lot less now. You car will run rich until you get it tuned. The car popped before but it sounded more like a crackle. Also, the way you drive can increase or decrease the amount of popping. Leaving it in gear and letting the engine slow the car down will lead to popping. If you go through the gears as you down shift and allow enough fuel through the down shift, the popping should be minimized.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
gto47960 said:
I realize this and have the connectors ordered and know this is why it runs like crap, but was wondering about the popping and it is just a little loud for my taste if there is any quieter mufflers out there.
That's the cam profile! Nothing wrong!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts