LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the gauge cluster LCD panels in my father's '06 are pretty faded out from the last 15 years of FL sun. I'm thinking of just swapping to a used cluster altogether but I'd like to keep the mileage. Has anyone tried swapping the circuit boards between clusters to keep the mileage the same?

·
Administrator
8,991 Posts
Swap the LCD screens.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The guy that takes care of my GTO ended up calling/tracking down the guy who sells them on Ebay. I ended up sending a picture of mine and they programmed the miles before shipping. This ensured it had the same miles etc... I do like SkiPopeye36's answer, if your good with a soldering iron, just swap the LCDs [or are the plug and play? I didn't look, but thought they were soldered onto the board.].

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I had it apart the other day to swap the gauge face color. The LCDs are soldered to the board and even with a good soldering iron it's a pain to desolder the LCDs off the donor cluster. I may have to order a desoldering iron.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So the gauge cluster LCD panels in my father's '06 are pretty faded out from the last 15 years of FL sun. I'm thinking of just swapping to a used cluster altogether but I'd like to keep the mileage. Has anyone tried swapping the circuit boards between clusters to keep the mileage the same?
If you still need assistance with the cluster...

PM DSMinVA , he may or may not be lurking around here still

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,407 Posts
@bohnman does (used to do?) lots of electronics work for the GTOs.
Could hit him up here or via bohnmancustoms.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts