LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 5.7 ls1 functioning ram air hood cold air intake manual t-56 1998 GM Bright Purple Metta
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 74 JUDGE hood tach and the mechanic at shop where I had paint done claims I cant run it with dash tach together .. Can anyone confirm if he is correct or can it be tied in ???

Attachments

·
GR-RRR!
6,635 Posts
Well, the hood tach works on a signal from what is typically a single coil. The tach in the dash reads per a signal generated by the car's computer system. So, point being, the hood tach is not compatible with a system with multiple coils and I would assume it is not capable of reading the tach signal generated by the ECU in your car.

Now, if the hood tach can be or has been modified to work with an LS-style tach signal I don't know why that signal can't go to two tachs at the same time.

·
GR-RRR!
6,635 Posts
Maybe we need to take a step back first: what is a "74 Judge tach". From your picture it looks like you installed a 60s/70s vintage style hood tach on your car. If so, my comments above are still valid. Unless this tach was set up to work off of a CANBUS signal, it won't work on your car.

·
Registered
2004 5.7 ls1 functioning ram air hood cold air intake manual t-56 1998 GM Bright Purple Metta
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe we need to take a step back first: what is a "74 Judge tach". From your picture it looks like you installed a 60s/70s vintage style hood tach on your car. If so, my comments above are still valid. Unless this tach was set up to work off of a CANBUS signal, it won't work on your car.
came with car previous said need to be connected to pin 32 what ever that mean and i really appreciate your knowledge and help

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not s
I put 74 JUDGE hood tach and the mechanic at shop where I had paint done claims I cant run it with dash tach together .. Can anyone confirm if he is correct or can it be tied in ???
ure i said correct year but is from a judge
74 was based off ventura buick opel and chevy nove same cars different cosmetics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts