LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the deminsions of the inner brake/tail housing, and the dimensions of the turn/reverse housings inside the tails. If someone could help me out wiht this it would be great...planning on doing a custom LED retro on some tails and need them. I am also looking for a site that sells 06 black tails...I saw some altezzas on ebay but cant tell if they are close enough to stock or not. Let me know,
thanks,
jeremy

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
PCB I assume for the LEDS?

I used to do stuff like that for other cars, its awesome ones completed :gears:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huntress said:
You can buy 06 tails from Fred Beans, who is a sponsor here.

Here's a post for buying info on the tails:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83123

I bought mine from them, good folks!:thumbs:
Thanks for the link. Berfore i buy any though i need the dimensions of the inside still.
1fstmach said:
PCB I assume for the LEDS?

I used to do stuff like that for other cars, its awesome ones completed :gears:
yea im going to probably do ASL's like in my car now. Dont have the gto yet but it'l give me something to do.

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
This is a project that I was gonna do, got sidetracked and never done...yet :(

I have a set of used tails with screwed up outer lenses, that I got to take apart and work this out.

I know the LED guts from a toyota landcruiser work, as some guy in the middle east did it to his car...but those tails are $$$.

I was thinking of trying regular LED bulbs for the turn signal, just cut out the part that blocks the direct light and hides the bulb...since you want to see the LED's directly.

That then leaves the large brake light, which the disco ball needs to be removed and then measure for the diameter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well if you get a chance, remove it and measure for me...or you can just estimate and do it over the lenses. i need a rough estimate for the parts i have currently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts