LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new tail lights today all the way from Aussie.....tell me what you honestly think?

Thanks
:D

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04bluegto said:
I like them but the black tint would look really good blue.

I don't have anyone in the area that would do colors......I am fairly happy with the black.....I was going to get silver reflective but it is metallic based and would mess with my proximity sensor in on the alarm so I opted for black.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04bluegto said:
I know APC did tails in tint green and blue I think. I still like your lights, but I think they look best on the black.

Ok I sent the PM's

thanks.....I like the black ones on blue.........they had all chrome but I was not real sure about the look....I have not seen APC's yet....
I will have to go take a look

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
04bluegto said:
I know APC did tails in tint green and blue I think. I still like your lights, but I think they look best on the black.

Oh maybe I got confused were you talking about the tint on the lights?

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh one more thing make sure you order the wiring harness for them 1 harness for each light....

here a couple pics from the site....

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I just got my new tail lights today all the way from Aussie.....tell me what you honestly think?

Thanks
:D
They look great! Nice to get rid of all that red. Ironic thing is they are the style that my Monte Carlo had: clear outside cover, colored bulb lenses and a black background. That is what I was trying to get away from with that car and switch to the reflective backing. Those never made production for the Monte tho.

I may eventually get the reflective ones for my car but for now I want it all sleeper.

Anyone ever think of removing the badges and applying magnetic tape to them for the totally diguised look?

_DM

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I've considered removing the badges, but probably won't.
I still don't like the chrome rings on those lights. I wonder if it would hold up to pull the stock casings out and paint the red reflective surfaces black and just leave the lights? Thoughts from you guys who've switched out the stocks on that?
Dan

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
While I like the chrome, you need to complete the car with chrome wheels too.

The 427 tails as shown below are the style I will buy in a heartbeat:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Huntress said:
While I like the chrome, you need to complete the car with chrome wheels too.

The 427 tails as shown below are the style I will buy in a heartbeat:

I would love to see these on a black car. Mine especially. ;)

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DevilYellow said:
I want the 427 taillights but they never made them like that picture, they still have a chrome ring around it.... like like the Coupe4.

Is the ring that bad? I think in that pic above it looks like they took a pic of lights at night meaning almost as they would be with the lights on....

·
Registered
663 Posts
They look great. I can't wait to see your car when the Aussie Conversion is done!

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I want the 427 taillights but they never made them like that picture, they still have a chrome ring around it.... like like the Coupe4.
I have a connection for them, but they ain't a sponsor :p

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ZillaGTO said:
They look great. I can't wait to see your car when the Aussie Conversion is done!

Thanks Zilla........I am excited.....I am waiting a couple more before I order the spoiler.....cashflow is low.. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts