LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone

I will be in orange county from Friday this week until Friday next week. I have meetings during the day, but I can do some TB porting in the evenings. We will pull the TB off your car and I will port it while you wait. It usually takes a couple hours per TB.

Drive up, I will port your TB and put it back on, you leave $100 on my work bench :pimp: This will include polishing the inside.

PM me for appointments - I will be in Huntington Beach off the 405 & Beach Blvd

BTW, in case you aren't familiar with my work, I have done well over 100 throttle bodies for folks on this forum. Check out some of the pics www.briansportal.com/gallery/portedtb

Also, I will have access to professional polishing equipment and I might be able to polish the outsides of TB's. I will try on Friday night. If it turns out good I will come up with a price for polishing (probably between 65 & 100 depending on how long it takes and how much hand work is involved)

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
5 appointments so far. Anyone else want in? It is still $20 cheaper than the normal price. These are ported and polished inside.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
HOLY SHIT thank god. Honestly I was thinking about this all day, I was like **** I dont wanna send out my TB and wait, my god this is great. I'll be there, sign me up for sure! Ok sorry about the language but honestly this worked out majorly for me!

·
Registered
101 Posts
PM sent

·
S1C:+:GTO
950 Posts
clear ur box plz i would like to set up a date!!

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
If you need any nudge or persuasion, the art of MyGoatBites' ported TBs is not in the 10HP you might see on the dyno at WOT, but rather ... in how it finesses the low-mid range. I installed a ported + polished TB and you get an outstanding improvement in the way the throttle blade behaves and responds during daily driving. Like a stereo gain control, it feels like 20% throttle at the pedal ('06 by wire) gives actual 20% actuation. The old throttle was by no means as granular and precise ... an important consideration if you are supercharged or need to control wheelspin with the throttle in realtime.

WzT

·
SoCal
357 Posts
P.M sent

·
Registered
101 Posts
E-mailed you b/c your box is full.
This is going to be outstanding!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
paypal sent. Can't wait!

·
Registered
205 Posts
TType85 said:
paypal sent. Can't wait!
Me too! Got my tune scheduled for Sunday for my volant, Dynotune headers, and ported TB. Its gonna be a good weekend :gears:

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Box is clear, sorry for those of you that were tryoing to get through.

I want to be really clear about something. Everyone on the board knows that I pride myself on honest dealings. There have been cars that saw little or no gains on the dyno with this mod. Key words being "on the dyno". The throttle response, idle quality, and high RPM manners of the car are really improved with this mod. In my mind those are the benefits. If you want this mod because you need that 10 extra ponies to cross the 400 mark on the dyno you "might" be disappointed (depending on the dyno)

I am excited to be coming home for the week. I am a born and raised SoCal guy :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I can't wait. The difference in throttle response using a ported throttle body on my Buicks was amazing.

Anyone know how much does it cost to buy a spare TB (LS2)? I might want to keep one if I ever need to return the car to stock.

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
457 from the dealer. I can get you one for 250. You can run this TB with a stock tune, it will through the air fuel off a little but it won't hurt anything. It will see more air and add more fuel so you will run rich which is safe.

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update - I will be able to bring 4 ported TB's with me one of which will be completely polished inside and out. That one will be an additional $100. The first few folks I can either do a swap or port yours, your choice.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
So $200 for a ported polished one? I'd rather just bring the $$$ and bolt on yours, plus I could pick it up faster, so if thats the deal, count me in. IT will be fully polished though right?

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FULLY POLISHED inside and outside. I don't polish these, they go to a professional polisher for the outside. I send them 30 a month, and you guys pay just about what I pay, I make a couple bucks for gas and schleping them back and forth. Pictures are in the first thread

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm in for a *non* polished one (outside). You can either port mine or just swap, makes no difference to me.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts