LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Like this
35,655 Posts
Aside from cutting a hole in the hood, I think those numbers are low. I thought there were cars making 400 hp with just bolt ons. I would have though he would have been in the mid 450 hp---danfigg
LS3's can make 400whp with just bolt ons. LS2's can get there, if they try hard.

an LS1? eh... no. 340 best. especially with that crappy stock truck cam.

OP still has factory heads (although they are 231's) and a factory intake that is better than the LS6 he had on there, but not as good as a FAST. Not sure about his exhaust setup... but, I think his numbers are fairly typical with the mods.

a FAST and CnC heads? he'd be over 450 me thinks. add a few more "every last bit counts" mods and he'd have a little bit more.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Danger did start this JUST before Dorman released it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Danger did start this JUST before Dorman released it.
Yea I think he did. At the time I came across his thread because I have a tbss intake sitting on the shelf that I wanted to install. I’m glad someone decided to be the guinea pig.

·
The battle of wits has begun.
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
You guys are brutal this morning!

Low dyno numbers, yeah I was disappointed because I swapped to 243 heads that are milled .020. Was expecting to be in the 415+ range.

Doorman has finally been compared to the TBSS, nice! :thumbs:

If the Doorman LS2 intake was a proven option, I would of never bothered with the TBSS intake.

·
Like this
35,655 Posts
You guys are brutal this morning!

Low dyno numbers, yeah I was disappointed because I swapped to 243 heads that are milled .020. Was expecting to be in the 415+ range. If the converter was locked during the pulls it probably would of seen 30ish more rwhp over 405. But no need to risk hurting the torque converter just to get some bragging rights.

(3800 FTI single disk torque converter)

Things holding me back? $$$. LS1. Lack of LSA blower. Kooks catted mids. Stock 05 cat back exhaust.

Doorman has finally been compared to the TBSS, nice! :thumbs:
If the Doorman LS2 intake was a known option and tested/proven, I would of never bothered with the TBSS intake.
I think your power is just fine. Could have gone with some CnC heads, doe. :stickpoke

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
CnC heads are fantastic, especially from AI. But $1200+ for 10 to maybe 20 rwhp gain? eh.
Takes a lot of willpower to resist the “while you’re there” bug.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yea I bought a set of 243’s and had a nice valve job and bowl work done. Flowed like 290cfm @ .630 on the intake and over 200 on the exhaust. I almost put them on like that but decided to do a little more and I got over 300cfm and 220+ on the exhaust with some portwork. So yea.....while I was at it kind of thing. Lol

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
The more I stare at my diy c6 intake, the more I dislike it. Knowing what I know now, there are so many things I can do now / differently that would be better.

Little did I know, this would be the last burnout it would ever do, as an A4.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Decided to get the x-air intake because, I couldn't stand looking at my c6 diy intake anymore. Then while cruising down the turnpike (actually to go get the GTO inspected) I lost 3rd and 4th.... FUCK AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS!

A lot has happened this year, and I have a lot of projects I intend to knock out. (*cough* T56 swap *cough*)

41 - 60 of 96 Posts