LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a red light last night and revved a little higher than I usually do when letting out the clutch. The Tesla, a model 3 I think, next to me must have thought it was a challenge and took off. I didn't try and catch up, because the road is only 45mph and in a speed trap area. I've also heard about the 'instant torque' of electric vehicles from a standstill.

Has anyone run against a Telsa?

Would they be weakest from a roll (>40mph) ?

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
They will most likely get you off the line but their power tapers off at speed.

Basic 3: 0-60 5.3
Long Range: 4.2
Performance: 3.1

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ran a model s probably 5 years ago from around 55 to 140 or so. It was fairly close up until around 120 and after that I pulled away. At the time my '06 made 400 to the wheels. Its all relative though as they come out with an even higher performance model every year or two.

·
9 Second Club
14,799 Posts
We call that MMOB :). My experience is somewhat different having gone up against a few of them. Straight out dig is a problem for them. It is difficult for them to even start out normally without spinning. Their forte is to let the roll from the dig begin then hit it an instant or two afterwards. They are strong through the low end but tend to fade at the higher ends. In the videos here the guy jumps all over me, thinking he is fast. Moral of the story is sort of like the old days with the STi's if you can make it up on the hit, they cannot really make it up. Had a real serious encounter with a higher end model the other night. What I put on the dig he couldn't make up on the pull. On the other hand when it gets past about 80 my car is not engineered to run those speeds. Having said that, the S-Models with a 2.3 0-60 and the Model 3 with a 3.1 second 0-60 are no slouches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts