LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the track and I did manage to break into the 12's. I can't post the slips yet 'cause I'm at work but the numbers are as follows:
best: 12.96 @110.76 mph 60' 2.16
13.04 @110.71 60' 2.16
13.05 @110.02 60' 2.13
13.06 @109.90 60' 2.13

so I gained about .9 sec and 7 mph from stock. I also had several other runs but they weren't as good. One thing I did learn was that if I did the burnout before the run I knocked about .15 off my 60' time.

Also, on the way home from the track I had several episodes where the car was cruising at 70 mph on flat highway and the car basically shut down. Kinda felt like a spark plug wire came off or the fuel filter plugged briefly. Anyone have any ideas? The car displayed these symptoms when driving with cruise on or manually. I also switched to the instant mpg display and watched it when the car slowed, my mileage jumped from 25 to 40 mpg when this was happening.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Well, congrats on the times. I don't know what the other thing is on the drive home though. Was this on street tires as well? Great runs. I've got to best you next time out. ;) I hope everything is ok with the car though.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Sounds like good times to me. Don't let the inevitable ribbing by our friendly orcs, oops, I mean trolls, get to you.

I can't from your numbers and an estimated car weight with driver of 4100lbs (random guess) get to that 387.7RWHP you dynod. Just was trying them out for fun :) This is the calc I used, I think it's posted elsewhere on here too. Guess that goes to show that those things aren't all that useful.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phobos512 said:
Sounds like good times to me. Don't let the inevitable ribbing by our friendly orcs, oops, I mean trolls, get to you.

I can't from your numbers and an estimated car weight with driver of 4100lbs (random guess) get to that 387.7RWHP you dynod. Just was trying them out for fun :) This is the calc I used, I think it's posted elsewhere on here too. Guess that goes to show that those things aren't all that useful.
my hp comes out right if the car weighs 3750 lbs. using the trap speed. (probably more accurate given the street tires than the ET)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I've never weighed mine at the track. I'll have to do it next time I go. I'd have to say with the spare removed and a 180-200lb driver we are closer to 3950-3980lbs though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gtodoug said:
I've never weighed mine at the track. I'll have to do it next time I go. I'd have to say with the spare removed and a 180-200lb driver we are closer to 3950-3980lbs though.
I agree, and I didn't have the spare out, I'm just reporting what I need to plug in to get the right numbers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sound like good times **** mid 13's with spraying nitrous is good times for a gto apparently still laughing at that one though. How much have you spent in mods? Also you improve that 60 ft time by 1/10 or 2/10 and your 1/4 mile time will go down about 2/10's for every tenth you take off the 60 ft time.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
They are really strong times actually. Focus on the MPH not the time so much though. On a GTO if they are in full street trim you can almost bet that on the street that car is going to run like a car that runs that same mph +3-4mph more. Cjlannoy's car will run with cars that trap 112-114mph.

Your 60' times were way better than mine. I bested a 2.3 with a slew of 2.4-2.5's and turned 13.3 all night long. This was before the pulley,exhaust, wires, and CS tube.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Very nice times. The traps are awesome.

Work on the launch and the 60's and you'll be mid-12's.

Hmm. Competition. :sneaky: A good thing. :)

Congrats, bro.

Padre

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments guys, but does anyone have any ideas about my problem on the way home. This is making me very nervous (no warantee and all). :(

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
You might want to do some logging with EFI live/HP Tuner/Autotap to see if you can catch it in the act. If you've been working on the car a lot, check for little gremlins like loose wires/connectors or something shorting against a hot manifold/pulley etc.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think (I hope) I just found it, the intake tube had come loose from the throttle body. I put it back on tightly and took a 10 mile ride with no badness. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I hope that I didn't damage anything by letting unfiltered/ unmetered air into the motor for about 60 miles. :(

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
cjlannoy said:
I think (I hope) I just found it, the intake tube had come loose from the throttle body. I put it back on tightly and took a 10 mile ride with no badness. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I hope that I didn't damage anything by letting unfiltered/ unmetered air into the motor for about 60 miles. :(
Unfiltered should be OK as long as you didn't drive through a swarm of muckleheads. I recall one guy whose car ran sh1tty for a while after his intake came loose because the PCM got flummoxed. Do a reset and a drive cycle and you should be fine.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
cjlannoy said:
Thanks for the comments guys, but does anyone have any ideas about my problem on the way home. This is making me very nervous (no warantee and all). :(
Great times!!! Drags are needed! Your problem sounds electrical in nature. Possibly a ground or plug wire. I would check the plugs themselves to see if there is any cracking. He is a lesson from my father: Look at the easy cheap stuff to fix first then make your way to the expensive stuff!

Doc

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Timeslips look great. And you won each time, too :) .

Question though: how are you launching? I assume M6, and I'm wondering what kind of 60-foot times other M6 guys are getting.

But your traps mean you're putting down almost the same HP as I am. :cool:

Now I gotta get to work - you guys are getting too close. ;)

Padre

1 - 20 of 44 Posts