LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though I would go ahead & install my dry nitrous system on the GTO before we begin testing the Texas Speed GTO Converters :) Here is the dyno graph on the 125 shot enjoy :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looks like the cat back didn't do anything (worth the money) and the cold air a bit. N20 is another story. :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hada64 said:
Looks like the cat back didn't do anything (worth the money) and the cold air a bit. N20 is another story. :D
Well I think more than anything a m6 car will show better results, the a4 cars are weird on the dyno :(

Jason

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Am i seeing things or is that 465rwhp and 629tq :drink: :drink:

:bubbrub :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Yep, that's nitrous! When I huff Whippets, i notice a torque increase too. :drink: :drink:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Jason 98 TA said:
Well I think more than anything a m6 car will show better results, the a4 cars are weird on the dyno :(

Jason
Either that, or Pontiac actually got the exhaust right. It certainly appears that doing anything to the exhaust without headers is not going to be worth the cost in terms of performance gains - from the numbers I've seen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
Either that, or Pontiac actually got the exhaust right. It certainly appears that doing anything to the exhaust without headers is not going to be worth the cost in terms of performance gains - from the numbers I've seen.

I Don't know about getting our cat back right....... If you look kinda in the area of the resonators, you'll see that they took and flattened the nice big pipes down to fit underneath the braces and frame members. It looks like (roughly) they took 2.5 inch pipes and crushed them down to 1.8 pipes. So its kinda botled up right there. :(

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I had a feeling the catback wasn't gonna be huge gain on the GTO. This really makes me wonder how to do the exhaust now. I want some more sound but i ain't paying anything more than $350 for the catback.

As for the nitrous this is real tempting. I'm thinking a 75 shot wet would be just fine, thats gonna speed up the need for tires though :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jason 98 TA said:
I though I would go ahead & install my dry nitrous system on the GTO before we begin testing the Texas Speed GTO Converters :) Here is the dyno graph on the 125 shot enjoy :)

Do you have a graph w/ an air/fuel ratio on it?

What did you do for fuel?

-Foo

·
Registered
112 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
I am w/ you. I think headers and possible a crossover pipe are going to be the key.

-Foo

·
Registered
2 Posts
629 rwt, that is unbelievable. I guess the new goats love "Gas." :thumbs: I'm use to looking at Mustang GT graphs b/c I can't believe the area under the curve on that graph. :drink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts