LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working Saturday I ran up to Bryan/College Station to see the GF. Texas World Speedway is right there as well (an excellent track with lots of Grand Prix type racing). On the way up (and then later in town), I saw the following:

1. 2004 Cobra convertible, black
2. 2 x Mazda Miatas with roll cages and trailers for tires and tools
3. 2 x hot rodded C5 corvettes
4. 2 x hot rodded Supra turbos (I looked for my friend with the $10K but he was not to be seen), black and white
5. Lamborghini Murcialago, red
6. Lamborghini Diablo, red
7. EVO ? (whatever the new one is)

None of these SOBs would race either. (I understand the Miatas with the trailers, but the rest, hell they were WAY more heavily modded than I am and still didn't want anything - I guess they'd had their fill on the track that day.) What a shame too. The EVO and the Diablo came closest to taking the bait. The Diablo would probably have killed me up top, but down low I think I'd have been pretty damn competitive.

Last week (as some of you know) it I saw a new Aston Martin DB9 driving west on I10. In heavy traffic we just gave each other a thumbs up. Sweet looking cars. All these totally tricked out high dollar rides are beginning to give my poor old GTO an inferiority complex.

Anyone want to try to get together in the next few weeks and head up to Texas World on the weekend?

LR

·
Eurotrash
707 Posts
When you're coming off a racetrack where you're in a safe environment doing WOT like crazy through turns and down big open straights, drag racing a guy is not exactly at the top of the grocery list.

The adrenaline you have on the track totally destroys any desire to drive quickly on the street, because you can NEVER get that from anything you do on the road. I need my fix soon, or I'm gonna wind up under a semi-truck or something...

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
PlanoGTO will be there. I think it is a Driver's edge event. You'd have a heck of a good time doing that. Those guys race so much in a weekend they hate to drive to work Monday morning. I think they pull several thirty minute sessions a day. OlderGoat does it too.
Magnified said:
None of these SOBs would race either. (I understand the Miatas with the trailers, but the rest, hell they were WAY more heavily modded than I am and still didn't want anything - I guess they'd had their fill on the track that day.) What a shame too. The EVO and the Diablo came closest to taking the bait. The Diablo would probably have killed me up top, but down low I think I'd have been pretty damn competitive. Anyone want to try to get together in the next few weeks and head up to Texas World on the weekend? LR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts