LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a busy week in Sebring...thought it was time for an update. Our car had new baby teething issues such as an over heating program costing us most of the practice sessions. Started well and Stu passed 4 people on the first lap but developed a half shaft problem about 1/2 way throught the race. Stu was hit by a Viper and that compounded the problem for the car,and ending our race. In 9 weeks the car went from street car to race car and we now have 2 months to get it ready for the next race (and start on a second car).

It was great to come home and see all the interest in the car. Nice knowing that all the fans are there for us.

Thanks, Dave

p.s. special thanks to DY for posting pictures.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
ah the dreaded half shaft problem. Details?
:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hey gto 5, well done in getting a gto in on racing with such short notice! I'm just wondering if your at all in contact with HRT (holden racing team) in australia and do you swap ideas and whatnot with them. Even tho they may be different classes and specs, no doubt they would have encountered problems like you are having and potentially will have with this chassis. HRT have got to a point where they did up a Monaro with a 427 motor and with only 2 weeks testing had won the bathurst 24 hour race a few years ago.

anyway, just a thought.

Adam

ps. Holden IRS was pretty good in its day, but as power levels increased, so have the problems, recently Ford Australia came out with a much better IRS, no doubt Holden will want to rival that soon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The holden boys have been verrrry helpful,its tough with the time zone thing!I'm not sure on the shaft,we have to take it all apart and get a good look.the general public seemed to be exicted to see the car,the speed air time will come when we run at the front!Dave

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Kudos, you did some amazing things in a very short time. Good luck and give 'em hell the next time out!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Excellent job with no testing. Good to see the somebody upholding the GTO name in racing and the car looks great.
Dan

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is actually the first Gto to road race,there was a car raced in trans-am,but it was a tempest.Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Todd,good luck where ever they sent you...join the army see the world,I saw ft.knox ky.and ft.levenworth ks! Be safe,Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reckless said:
Ohio! Just as bad as Iraq as far as I am concerned. I am retiring soon, so just finishing up my last few weeks on active duty. Really looking forward to working at W2W though :D
I just droped off the race motor and exhaust for a check up(normal post-race)Thats such a cool shop.Make sure you look me up hhen you get back in town.Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts