LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for those of us that have been to several "pontiac's in the park" do you thing the show was better .
does anyone have any sugestions?

more shade lol?
a cooler part of the year?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I really enjoyed the autocross. If this event could be moved to April I think the drag racing would be better. Seems there is alot of local events going on this particular weekend that reduces the attendance.

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
so for those of us that have been to several "pontiac's in the park" do you thing the show was better .
does anyone have any sugestions?

more shade lol?
a cooler part of the year?
Tom,

I think this year was pretty good since they allowed us to park together unlike last year.

I also liked the fact they had the auto cross for us non drag racers,,,LOL. You know those of us who know how to drive other then a straight line,,,LOL (Just kidding for all of those who cant read sarcasm)

The time of year might help for those running, but not that bad for walking around.

I dont know how they will be able to make shade,,LOL unless they build covered parking,,LOL.

Pat,

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had a good time , there were times when people running in different classes were called to the lanes at the same times .

there werent a lot of g8s or solstis cars there. maybe the word didnt get out in time .

the over laps may have been caused by lack of competers?

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would like to send a thank you to the track for having the event .

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
I also believe We need to come together a bit better when We get down there. So far last year and this year We seemed to be divided even more this year. Zach posted up a food list for us to follow and I know us(CCGTO) brought a whole bunch of food stuff's(but forgot plates,,,lol).

We need to work on this so it doesnt look like We dont want to be with You guys. Half the fun of last year was all of together cooking out, this year it seemed that fell through. I know alot of You 757 guys like to race and You might have been wrapped up in what was going on with the track and Your GTO's. But, We need to work on pulling together to make this a nice event for all of us.

I also dont want anybody thinking We didnt want to be part of what was going on, and some bad feelings start because nobody's talking. You guys have a great bunch of guys and I believe We also have a great bunch too. Lets see if We can make this work much better the next time around.

Pat,

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we had plenty of plates and such lots of food left over.

as for the list of what to bring it was up for a month.

we had a whole row to our selves fri, maybe we can ask for car club spacing .

i think that may require pre pay though? alot of people that said they were coming didnt show .

we tried to save a lot of room but as other racers moved in ,it got tight .

i wasnt aware that there was a large group else where .
and i did offer anything you needed , i belive.

as for the food list and parking in a large group ,that is stuff that we want and we as a club , are in control of .

that is hardly up to the track.

i am sorry if things on our end didnt work out ,but dont blame the track.

if we need to comunicate better that is up to us .
and if you would like to open a thread ,to get things moving please do.

this is a chance for a great get together ,if we can make it better we should.
its not about the racing its about the friends .

i had another great weekend at the track, but i had a better time at dinner sat night .

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i started this whole sub forum ,so it would be easyer for everyone to voice there opinions.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one thing that i did not like was tech inspection.
maybe have a few more people to do inspection eariler in the day .

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
we had plenty of plates and such lots of food left over.

as for the list of what to bring it was up for a month.

we had a whole row to our selves fri, maybe we can ask for car club spacing .

i think that may require pre pay though? alot of people that said they were coming didnt show .

we tried to save a lot of room but as other racers moved in ,it got tight .

i wasnt aware that there was a large group else where .
and i did offer anything you needed , i belive.

as for the food list and parking in a large group ,that is stuff that we want and we as a club , are in control of .

that is hardly up to the track.

i am sorry if things on our end didnt work out ,but dont blame the track.

if we need to comunicate better that is up to us .
and if you would like to open a thread ,to get things moving please do.

this is a chance for a great get together ,if we can make it better we should.
its not about the racing its about the friends .

i had another great weekend at the track, but i had a better time at dinner sat night .

Tom,

I'm not trying to say it was really anybody's fault just We need to make sure We all talk to each other thats all.

When We pulled in the Track guys running around on the golf carts moved us over against the bleachers. I'm just saying the next time whoever gets there first should see about securing a large enough space for everyone thats all.

I have the "Do not Cross" yellow tape We could put up around light poles or whatever,,LOL. to secure a area. I guess its also part my fault for not just walking over to You guys with our stuff(i.e. tent and grill) and setting up with You all.

Just something We need to work on as a group is what I'm really trying to get at thats all.

Pat,

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
they tried to get you a better parking place near the stands , car show like .
because the car all look so good .
we had a lot of room reserved , and i did try to save us a lot of room.
i got into it atleast 4 times with the guy on the golf cart about how many gto's we had coming .
it is very hard to reserve 40 parking spaces. it would be hard to do that anywhere.

all we can do now is try next time.

·
I bent my wookie
425 Posts
Tom,

I'm not trying to say it was really anybody's fault just We need to make sure We all talk to each other thats all.

Pat,
This was my first trip out to PITP and I'm not sure what went on last year but I got this same feeling. I'm not sure if I spoke with any of you guys over on the bleacher side, which sucks. You guys had some great looking cars.

For than matter, not sure if I even got to talk to everyone over by the grill either.

Ah well, still had a great time watchin the races. Hope to be there again next year...

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,794 Posts
I think this years show was much improved over the last couple of years. The weather played a big part in that of course. Being the first time that the track took over most of the organization, they did a great job of trying to accommodate everyone. You'll never make everyone happy, but at least they are trying.

The website information about entry fees and classes could use some work. It was a bit confusing. For one, having a class for us late model GTO guys was great, but don't call it simply "GTO". A minor grievance really.

The tech session they had with Fred Simmons was excellent. I missed a good part of it when I had to go and lose second round, but I heard very high praise about it. More stuff like that would help to draw a more diverse crowd.

I just hope everyone continues to support this event. I would hate to see it go away. Bottom line is I have enjoyed it the three times I have gone. Many thanks to VMP, Performance Years and all the sponsors for keeping it alive!

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks dave , and sorry dave lol

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,794 Posts

·
*TINK*
193 Posts
my only complaint is, i don't think they should allow girls to drag race. (congrats mel)

Lol.... Thanx Billy!!!! Remember I told you I'de race you in the begginging lol it was nice beating you hehe but u'll nvr hear the end of it :) lol...

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ran him down from behind

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts