1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it?
National GTO event, car show, tech sessions, give-a-ways ... fun times

Where is it?
Louisville KY... more specifically the Executive West Hotel [CLICK FOR LOCATION]

When is it?
July 11th - July 15th

How Much?
If you register before June 15th, and you are not a GTOAA member it would cost about $80 to attend the convention and show your car.
[CLICK FOR EVENT/FEE SCHEDULE]

How do I register?
Simply fill out the event schedule above along with the registration form and mail it in.
[CLICK FOR REGISTRATION FORM]

Is there drag racing?
Thursday, July 13th is the Jim Wangers Annual Invitational Drags. Located at Ohio Valley Raceway[CLICK] and starting at 8am. Note, this is a 1/8th mile track!

What is the Schedule for the Convention?
[CLICK FOR SCHEDULE]

What is planned for the new GTO's?
Wednesday Evening:
$8 all you can eat wings at Hooters, special give-a-ways.. still working out details

Thursday Evening:
"Bar" night with ballroom with some drink and food specials

Friday
Morning Seminars regarding Holden, HSV, the GMX281 project, and general Australian Performance. [CLICK HERE FOR THREAD]

Saturday
LS1GTO.com sponsored 04-06 classes in the popular vote show. Give-a-ways for show entrants from major vendors. Last year we had over $6,000 in prizes.

...there is much to do and many people enjoy relaxing, cleaning their cars, and hanging out in the parking lot. There are other opportunities for little outings. The GTOAA has many things planned that people can participate in. One thing I recommend is make sure you try to attend Art Fitzpatrick's Seminar. He was an artist during the 50's and 60's and did many of the hand drawn Pontiac ads. Very interesting stuff.

Attachments

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Is there drag racing?
Thursday, July 13th is the Jim Wangers Annual Invitational Drags. Located at Ohio Valley Raceway[CLICK] and starting at 8am. Note, this is a 1/8th mile track!

Wednesday Evening:
$8 all you can eat wings at Hooters,

everything sounds awesome.........cept...1/8mile=gay
and how about some all you can drink:drink: :drink: :drink: to go with those wings

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
DevilYellow said:
There is no 1/4 mile track that is real close :(

The hooters night is still being worked out, they seem real cool and it sounds like it will be a blast.
ehh.....its ok......good way to practice launches.

beer, wings, and hooters.......WOOT!!!

I know I am sleeping in the parking lot......I can hear my wife bitching me out already:drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Any thought to having an informal or formal drive to Bowling Green (113 miles) to do a tour of the 'Vette plant and museum? Assuming they are open during that time of July... usually a GM/UAW shutdown period... just a thought.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
DevilYellow said:
What is it?
National GTO event, car show, tech sessions, give-a-ways ... fun times

Where is it?
Louisville KY... more specifically the Executive West Hotel [CLICK FOR LOCATION]

When is it?
July 11th - July 15th

How Much?
If you register before June 15th, and you are not a GTOAA member it would cost about $80 to attend the convention and show your car.
[CLICK FOR EVENT/FEE SCHEDULE]

How do I register?
Simply fill out the event schedule above along with the registration form and mail it in.
[CLICK FOR REGISTRATION FORM]

Is there drag racing?

What is the Schedule for the Convention?
[CLICK FOR SCHEDULE]

Wednesday Evening:
$8 all you can eat wings at Hooters, special give-a-ways.. still working out details

Friday
Morning Seminars regarding Holden, HSV, the GMX281 project, and general Australian Performance. [CLICK HERE FOR THREAD]

Saturday
LS1GTO.com sponsored 04-06 classes in the popular vote show. Give-a-ways for show entrants from major vendors. Last year we had over $6,000 in prizes.

...there is much to do and many people enjoy relaxing, cleaning their cars, and hanging out in the parking lot. There are other opportunities for little outings. The GTOAA has many things planned that people can participate in. One thing I recommend is make sure you try to attend Art Fitzpatrick's Seminar. He was an artist during the 50's and 60's and did many of the hand drawn Pontiac ads. Very interesting stuff.

Chris White

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
RobertHammen said:
OK, am I the only one interested? If not, what day would you want to go and play hooky? Thursday? Friday? Wednesday? (DY, when is your seminar? It's not listed on the schedule)...
I'd love to go up there. But you will have to detail my car when we get back. Judging it saturday. :p :p

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Holeshot said:
I'd love to go up there. But you will have to detail my car when we get back. Judging it saturday. :p :p
Gee, we better not go on Friday then. I'll need to work all day (plus pull an all-nighter) just to get your and my car up to snuff for the judging :)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
RobertHammen said:
Gee, we better not go on Friday then. I'll need to work all day (plus pull an all-nighter) just to get your and my car up to snuff for the judging :)
Naw You dont have to lay on your back and detail the bottom of the bumper:drink: :drink:

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Holeshot said:
Naw You dont have to lay on your back and detail the bottom of the bumper:drink: :drink:
...on the sizzling hot 100+ degree blacktop... with an ambient air temp in the high 90's...

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Is anyone else planing on going on the Woodford Reserve Distillary tour? :)

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
...mailed. :)

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
sxty8goats said:
Is anyone else planing on going on the Woodford Reserve Distillary tour? :)
I've already signed up to go! :drink:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Cosmos Kirk said:
Please add me to the register of those to attend the 06 NAT,
Kirk, did you send in your reg? DY is just taking a count, he isn't actualy registering people. :D Just in case there was any confusion..

Jon, I mailed my stuff this morning/last night.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts