LS1GTO.com Forums banner

101 - 120 of 180 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
IMPORTANT

They will have two tickets. The Greenish-Yellow ticket is both a parking pass and a grandstand/infield pass and then they received a second infield/grandstand ticket.
I’m going to start putting notes in with the rest of the packets going out today to explain this. They will get the VIP concert access ticket when they arrive on site.

·
Belch
943 Posts
Hey, fellers. Here's the entry list for this weekend's race:

http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/schedule/entrylist.cfm?eid=1

The Matt Connolly Motorsports GTO.R will be there. Car 21 in the GT class. Four GXP.Rs will be competing as well. Last year, the 30 Racer's Edge GXP.R was a rebodied GTO.R -- but I believe that car was sold to Stevenson Motorsports -- and has since been replaced with a completely new car. Best guess is the second old GTO.R will be on the Stevenson trailer somewhere serving as a backup.

Of all the Pontiacs there, keep an eye on the 72 Autohaus GXP.R. Even though it's their first race in the car, they're loaded with talent. Ex-Team Cadillac CTS-V driver Lawson Aschenbach, GM contract driver Max Papis, ex-Banner Racing GXP.R driver Tim Lewis, Jr. and gentleman racer/CEO Craig Stanton are behind the wheel -- and all of those guys are fast. They will give teh 07 Banner Racing GXP.R of Kelly Collins, Paul Edwards, Jan Magnussen and Andy Pilgrim a run for their money.

That said, the Mazda RX-8s will probably occupy the top spots as their light weight and small frontal area/aerodynamics give them a huge advantage at Daytona. Nick Ham in the 70 SpeedSource car will be a good one to watch.

Have fun. Will be watching on TV out here on the West Coast.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
I'll be rolling in the Saab suv :(

·
Has no region anymore.
1,731 Posts
1000 Thanks for the tickets...mine arrived.

Thanks for the link to the driver's list, Harpo...I was trying to find that yesterday.

A little sad to not have Ron Fellows in the lineup, but there is a boatload of hot shoes in there.

Question: Do our tickets allow access to hospitality tents?

·
Registered
411 Posts
1000 Thanks for the tickets...mine arrived.

Thanks for the link to the driver's list, Harpo...I was trying to find that yesterday.

A little sad to not have Ron Fellows in the lineup, but there is a boatload of hot shoes in there.

Question: Do our tickets allow access to hospitality tents?
Another question, will our tickets let us get to the pits?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Actually just got the tickets, thanks DY.

Says good for infield, fanzone, garage area and unresolved grandstands. But not valid for the Hot Pits. Might have to look into buying tickts into the pits when we get there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks again, appreciate it. I think I am missing something. All I received was 1 greenish yellow tickey and 1 2 day infield/grandstand ticket. Is this good for 2 people.
Maybe I am just slow and misread it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just talked with DY and he asked me to post this this

the 4 day super ticket acts as both the parking pass as well as a grandstand ticket

the thing that is a ticket is the second ticket

·
Registered
595 Posts
so are the 2 different kind of tickets we got good for 2 people or not??

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
I was just going to post about that. I figured there'd be two tickets and one parking pass to get into the super special areas.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,795 Posts
Looks like I will be coming solo. If anyone needs an extra ticket, let me know.

101 - 120 of 180 Posts