LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
HGH Optimist
6,949 Posts
Speaking of that character, I don't like the whole "me too" scene. It seemed very forced, out of character (for starbright or whatever the fu k her name is) and just kind of random. I mean, I get what they were doing. But after getting to know the female character it doesn't seem very believable that she'd do that.
Why wouldn't it be believable? Small-town girl gets called up to the biggest group of Supes in the world. And the "#2 guy of the group" threatens to kick you out on your first day? It's all about the gullibility factor, in my opinion.

You could even tell Maeve had to go through it.

Starlight didn't turn into what she became until after the churchy expo. Hughie was coaching her up, at first... but she was still timid.

·
Dick Ross
7,042 Posts
I guess I can see that.

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,910 Posts
I have two episodes left. This is the Justice League series we deserved.

Honestly, when I saw the first advertisements, I thought that some Amazon exec had watched The Umbrella Academy on release weekend, then ran down the hall and assembled Karl Urban and whatever B-Squad talent he could get his hands on to ride the wave. Didn't give it much thought.

It's surprisingly good; it's just this side of outright parody. This means that it isn't covering any new ground, but you know it's intentional.

·
HGH Optimist
6,949 Posts
I have that odd feeling that the story can/will dry out super fast. Sucks because I see the show having so much potential.

Hoping it can have a nice run.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just finished it and loved it...I actually went back and watched the last two episodes again. I liked it a little better that the Umbrella Academy. Still think Jessica Jones is the best of the hero shows...

Now I am on Bosch....watched 5 in a row. First 5 were good...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts