LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :eek: :mad:
I received a call from the salesman a little while ago. He says "Do you want the good news or bad? I ask to give me the bad news. He says " The car is in, but there is a dent in the drivers door. It is going in the body shop, will be ready for Monday." I then ask to also look under the rear bumper for damage as a post indicated on this website. He calls back five minutes later "We looked and found some scratches under the rear bumper also. When we put the car up on the lift tommorrow, we will see how bad it is." This just freaking figures, on par for the course. Absolutely nothing has gone smooth with this whole ordering process. This really sucks!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
is this a dent that can be taken out by a paintless dent guy?
Or is it a dent that needs to be pulled out and painted?

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
My car wont be here till who knows. It was damaged and i said i did not want the car. Nice long scratch into the metal.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
oh crap now I have more things to worry about. That really sucks guys. Of course I don't have to tell you that.
:drink: :drink:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b4z said:
is this a dent that can be taken out by a paintless dent guy?
Or is it a dent that needs to be pulled out and painted?
The salesman said it is only the size of a quarter located on the drivers door towards the rear of the car. The car is going in the body shop tommorrow. So I would imagine it needs to be pulled out. Probably occurred when the car was being moved and the person opened the door and it hit against something. I know it is not a big dent, but a dent none the less. I guess I was very upset because of the car finally arriving, and then getting the news of a "DENT." Now for the news as to the extent of the damage below the rear bumper, that is tommorrow. I am still going to take delivery of the car, just for the fact that I choose not to go through the agony of waiting again. The positive aspect that I am trying to focus on is that the car is in.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You should still tell him it looks different than the other side and try for a discount...

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Might as well bust the cherry early. It's only a matter of time before we all suffer from door knocks, shopping carts, and crumb snatchers on big wheels.

·
Registered
205 Posts
mistermike said:
Might as well bust the cherry early. It's only a matter of time before we all suffer from door knocks, shopping carts, and crumb snatchers on big wheels.
Nooo dont jinx it! Thats why I have to walk a mile where ever I go with my GTO anyway so I dont have to suffer from other peoples carelessness...

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As long as the cherry is busted. You go to the supermarket or to run an errand, and you park far away from everyone else, no car parked on either side of the GTO. You get out, take another look around, still no one parked next to your baby. Then the thing happens that pisses you off. You leave the store, you gaze fixed on your GTO....then it hits you. Some ahole parks right next to your GTO with their crapbox on 4 wheels, leaving you two inches to open the door? Quick class.....What would you do?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I try to park carefully too, but these things are in the hands of a Higher Power. I had a gorgeous 91 Park Avenue that I pampered like a newborn baby. One day, a cat decided to take a leap off a 2nd story porch right onto the trunk lid. :rolleyes:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mistermike said:
I try to park carefully too, but these things are in the hands of a Higher Power. I had a gorgeous 91 Park Avenue that I pampered like a newborn baby. One day, a cat decided to take a leap off a 2nd story porch right onto the trunk lid. :rolleyes:
That would be 9 lives for that cat used right up.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TprGTO said:
As long as the cherry is busted. You go to the supermarket or to run an errand, and you park far away from everyone else, no car parked on either side of the GTO. You get out, take another look around, still no one parked next to your baby. Then the thing happens that pisses you off. You leave the store, you gaze fixed on your GTO....then it hits you. Some ahole parks right next to your GTO with their crapbox on 4 wheels, leaving you two inches to open the door? Quick class.....What would you do?
So what would you guys do?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
TprGTO said:
That would be 9 lives for that cat used right up.
Egg rolls for six, to go.

·
Registered
205 Posts
TprGTO said:
Take up 2 spaces or park next to a cement curb so you are close enough you are almost hugging it so the space next to you has plenty of space.

Usually I play it safe and park on an end and pull in diagional in 2 spaces just for fun. I make sure I park far away so nobody gets angry at me though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe I should buy 12 orange cones and place them around the perimeter of my GTO or hire Gary Coleman to protect my investment from prowlers!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I try not to be too extreme. Might attract a "hater" with a set of keys.

·
Registered
205 Posts
mistermike said:
I try not to be too extreme. Might attract a "hater" with a set of keys.
My car is yellow and shiny so that doesnt help much either. I bet it would attract haters just because its yellow and new. I guess when I think about it I drive my cavalier too just because of the gas mileage but I am a bit scared of careless soccer moms with 20 children in their van parking next to me bumping into or whatever to my GTO.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts