LS1GTO Forums banner

The Do You Your Car Tuned At The Meet Thread

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  geferinam 
#1 ·
At this time, I'm contemplating buying the licensing so I can tune 05-06 GTOs if there would be some interest in getting some tuning done at the meet. I'm going to be buying it for the 09 G8s because the GXPs especially have a lot of room for improvements. I'd be able to do basic things like skip shift disable, cooling fan run times including after engine shut off, some basic idle and driveability tuning if you've done some mods, disable O2 sensors if you run without cats, etc. Without a WB O2 I can't really do WOT tuning but cruising would be easy to do. Again, there'd have to be some good interest because the licenses aren't cheap. I'm thinking $50 for a tune, maybe a bit more if you want some cruise tuning done. Any interest?

#2 ·
It's kind of like heart surgery and picking a surgeon. Medicaid folks who need a stent won't complain loudly about the apprentice surgeon doing it the first time solo, I suppose. Nobody, however, wants to be told that yer surgeon or pilot, etc, is doin' it for the first time.

You might want to rethink the packaging of your offer and try something like: "For $50 I will (a) (b) (c) and for $25 more (d) and (e)."

Buy the license first, then make the offering, perhaps. Entrepreneurship FTW, good luck.

#3 ·
Nobody, however, wants to be told that yer surgeon or pilot, etc, is doin' it for the first time.
Watch what you're implying there. I am no rookie at tuning cars. I have tuned every car I have ever owned and several other people's cars too. But in the past, I have always bought individual licenses on a need basis. To buy the license to tune any car of a particular year is quite expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.