LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from downtown tonight about 7:30 I notice a black 2006 Mustang GT hanging on my rear end as we work through traffic. Never saw him appear, so I'm assuming he was hauling ass. Traffic is HEAVY here even at 7:30. Eventually we get to where the beltway exits to the left and some space opens up. I'm in the left hand lane, he cuts across to the far right and passes up a delivery truck in the center lane, but is blocked ahead and in the center, so he tries to cut back across and into my lane. EHHHH..... wrong answer. He's got his window half down and I nail it. His head came around so fast I thought his neck would snap. He down shifted hard to try and keep up but had no chance. He later caught up, motioned for the window down and yelled "is that mofo stock?" "no, supercharged" Pretty cool black guy, and the car looked good. Gave each other a thumbs up and went our separate ways.

Next, where I 10 opens to five lanes I wasted some kind of BMW and got into a friendly race with a sport bike. Then, on the way towards my neighborhood on the surface streets I see a red, lowered, G35 with wide rubber and aftermarket wheels turn ahead of me. I roll past him and give him a rev. He hangs back for about 25 to 30 seconds, then catchs up. Punk looking GQ younger guy, nodding his head and with this lame ass smirk on his face. Wouldn't say anything. I got the impression he thought that G35 would waste the GTO, so I light up the bald stockers and leave him in the dirt. He then grafts himself on to my ass as we get back into traffic, spoiling for a fight. We end up at a light but an SUV is next to me so he has to slide in behind, but I know he wants to go for it. Since he's so underpowered (even if modded) I'm not overly concerned with traction and going more for psychological impact. When the light turns I soft launch and sure enough he was revving high before the light even changed. I floor it once I'm passed the SUV and the tires light, giving some smoke but still grabbing enough to catapult the car forward. He disappears into the distance though I can see him shifting like a mad man as his front end bobs up and down. He catchs up again and when I get to my turn a few minutes later he squeals his tires as he passes so I jump out of the turn lane and chase him down, giving him a low gear hop as I pass. He won't catch up now and hangs back even though I'm doing 30 in a 40. He eventually turns off. I almost hung a quick U to chase him down on the side road but thought better of it.

I dig it. Have fun, but be safe.

LR

·
Silver street surfer
291 Posts
The Drive home are always exciting isn't it? Lastnight driving home from work i exit the lot and got on the far left turn lane to do a u turn heading to the 95 southbound on Craig st. and just as i was doing a u turn on a green light this altima making a right turn decides to chase me down. When i get to the red light i see he's in my lane behind me and he tries to pull one of those switch lanes catch a green light on a roll to cut me off and get into my lane to get on the freeway. I knew that was coming so i gunned it on green, tires screech i'm still getting traction. He doesn't accomplish his goal and again is behind me and we both make a left on a green light left turn but there's an old caddy bucket making a right on the freeway too and i didn't know there was a cop behind him. Not a state trooper though. Well i was about 10 car lengths from the altima and the bucket and i see the cop behind them both trying to weave past them to get to me. HAHA! I was gaining speed on the onramp but with an M6 all i had to do was ease off the gas on 4th and my speed slows down fast. Point is, by the time the cop got to me, i was only doing 64. LMAO!!!! He had NO reason to pull me over and he didn't.

·
Registered
582 Posts
this is hilarious about the G35 guy!! LOL!!! i'm so glad i didn't buy one of those. yeah, they look neat, but they suck ass for torque --almost none unless you nearly redline it in every gear.

i like your hunting tactics. you show them no mercy and kill them brutally! i like that! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts