LS1GTO.com Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
16,608 Posts
I bought a 98 GTP coupe brand new (only $22k fully loaded, discounted) and really liked that car. Decent power and all, but fwd meant leaving it stock. Other than that, kind of liked the GP more than the GTO in some ways, esp having HUD. Of course, no manual on those, either boo.

·
16,608 Posts
HUD worked well...basic, but high tech in 97, esp on a GM.

Haven't had one since, although wouldn't mind a modern aftermarket unit.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,827 Posts
why would front wheel drive mean leaving it stock. there were gobs of aftermarket drag racers in the GP world. GP and regal sports had quite the following for supercharger mods, transaxle mods and etc.

I used some of that on my 97 Riv.

·
16,608 Posts
why would front wheel drive mean leaving it stock. there were gobs of aftermarket drag racers in the GP world. GP and regal sports had quite the following for supercharger mods, transaxle mods and etc.

I used some of that on my 97 Riv.
We're talking 98-02 and this was a DD, more for the wife, and other things going on. While I was heavy into the internet then, especially car-related, there was not quite the support that was to follow. Plus, wasn't interested enough to go on a futile attempt at the time to seriously modify a fwd vehicle and its inherit issues. Shame, cause I always thought those could have been the GN of the 90's if it had a proper drive configuration.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,652 Posts
We're talking 98-02 and this was a DD, more for the wife, and other things going on. While I was heavy into the internet then, especially car-related, there was not quite the support that was to follow. Plus, wasn't interested enough to go on a futile attempt at the time to seriously modify a fwd vehicle and its inherit issues. Shame, cause I always thought those could have been the GN of the 90's if it had a proper drive configuration.
Very true. I remember the SLP day at Englishtown in '01 had quite the showing.

I had a '08 GXP and really like it. HUD was great in that car. Trans was the only weak link in that one. LS4 was easy to mod like any LSx engine.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts